Does anybody on here see ANY WAY Bethe can win this fight tonight?

Mikeyz

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Other then Honda having some kind of medical health crisis?

I think this fight is the 1st in MMA history where 1 fighter has absolutely no chance of winning.

Now, I know someone is going to come in here and try to reference "Barao-Dillashaw 1" as an example. But, we all knew that Barao had cardio and opponents with great foot movement issues in the past. We just didn't know how great Dillashaw was at that. That fight was different.

Honda vs Bethe has to be the worst sylistic matchup for Bethe since her bread and butter is the clinch and ground submission game (A game/gameplan that will not work vs Honda with her incredible judo background) Bethe also won't be able to outstrike Honda either and she's certainly not physically stronger then her either.

Is this a guaranteed win for Honda tonight? if not, it's about as close as you can possibly get.

There is no such thing as "no chance of winning"

No punching power, no ground game (compared to Ronda's), and her style is perfect for Ronda. This is MMA, where anything can happen, but that doesn't mean anything WILL happen.

An uppercut from the clinch that hurts Rousey followed by some sloppy ground and pound for the finish.

Volume punches and hair trigger ref are her only hope. This is about a 0.69% chance.

Her chances of finishing Ronda are less than the chance Ronda injures herself in catastrophic fashion.

Only if Ronda decides to run her face straight into a punch.

I don't think she will win. By any means but neither did I think Serra, Weidman, RDA or Werdum would win. If there's anything mma has taught me is that any fighter can win on any given night no matter how slim the chances.

Lucky punch that lands right.. other than that i don't see it..

There is literally no way for Bethe to win, her striking sucks and she doesn't have a lot of power, she doesn't have a puncher's chance. Is her jiu jitsu decent enough to pull off a lucky sub? Probably not. And there is no way she survives 5 rounds AND out points Ronda.

It is more likely that lightning bursts through the arena tonight and strikes Ronda.

Rousey has to injure herself or have a heart attack.

Bethe via
latest

Then explain how Bethe can win this fight?

This is what I keep waiting to hear. No one has an answer for that apparently. Ronda would need to make a drastic mistake for Betche to capitalize on. That's about it.

Most plausible ways that Bethe can win.

1) Accidental head butt leads to a severe cut over Rousey's eye and the doctor stops the fight.
2) Rousey blows her knee out through a freak ACL injury while pivoting to throw Bethe.
3) Rousey is disqualified for not releasing her submission quickly enough ala Palhares.

Outside of those, I really don't see it happening.

Everyone is forgetting in-cage experience and that goes heavily in Bethe's favor. She has almost 5 times as much fight time in the cage as Ronda. That experience will go far in her fight with Ronda.

She'll have to fight smart...which would be keeping the distance & staying away from Ron as much as she can, throw some leg kicks & work on those messed up knees.

But we all know that wont happen.

By disqualification , from Ronda not stopping the beatdown

Back