Does anybody NOT like their shoyoroll Gi?

Hey Ohmalley - I totally agree that there is no standard sizing for BJJ gis, and that each company will have their own interpretation of what each size is, but when it takes 5 or 6 washes at 70c to get an SYR A1 to be around the same size as A1s from other companies, then that tells me that there's something off with the size chart. There is very little difference in size between the A1 SYR and my old A2 singleweave Ouanos in terms of overall length, and my A2 Atama singleweave has narrower sleeves. If a shrink to fit A1 can lose 3 inches in length and still be almost the same as a shrink to fit A2, doesn't that seem off to you?

Just out of interest, how do you find the fit of the A1 SYR? By the sounds of it, you should be joining me in looking at the A0!

James

PS - Does anyone know where I can find the last SYR size chart that had the A0 on it? Would like to take a look before deciding whether to give the A0 a shot and pre-order it...

Hey Ohmalley - I totally agree that there is no standard sizing for BJJ gis, and that each company will have their own interpretation of what each size is, but when it takes 5 or 6 washes at 70c to get an SYR A1 to be around the same size as A1s from other companies, then that tells me that there's something off with the size chart. There is very little difference in size between the A1 SYR and my old A2 singleweave Ouanos in terms of overall length, and my A2 Atama singleweave has narrower sleeves. If a shrink to fit A1 can lose 3 inches in length and still be almost the same as a shrink to fit A2, doesn't that seem off to you?

Just out of interest, how do you find the fit of the A1 SYR? By the sounds of it, you should be joining me in looking at the A0!

James

PS - Does anyone know where I can find the last SYR size chart that had the A0 on it? Would like to take a look before deciding whether to give the A0 a shot and pre-order it...

Well I know the SYR SuperLite RS and the Blackstar A5 fit like a Koral A4

I'm 6'3'' and 185 lbs so I picked up an A3Slim since it was tailored for taller and leaner guys. I found the pants had a good length but were too narrow. The jacket on the other hand fit perfect but I wish the sleeves were just a hair shorter maybe an inch or inch and a half. I hear alot of other guys are experiencing the same problems with this size.

My blue A3Slim pants tore completely across the knee and my belt loops ripped off only after using the pants for two months.

I'm hoping Shoyoroll really takes everyones thoughts into consideration when designing their upcoming batches, especially everyones thoughts on sizing.

hey james, the A1 is perfect for me. well, almost perfect. the sleeves are a little long, but otherwise it fits great. as for the pants, the ripstops are a little annoying because the fabric doesn't flex or give, but the cotton twill pants are perfect. i think an A0 would be too tight in the jacket, and DEFINITELY too tight in the pants (because of the slim cut).

i'm a weird body type to fit because i'm pretty short, but also really muscular. guys my height are usually pretty slim. guys my weight are usually 4-5" taller. A2s can be frustrating when an A1 doesn't fit because they're just too long all over -- skirt, sleeves, pants. hence i tend to favor A1s that are cut on the large side. that said, my syr is my fave fit because it's the most fitted of the A1s currently in rotation (syr, manto, keiko).

I'm 6'3'' and 185 lbs so I picked up an A3Slim since it was tailored for taller and leaner guys. I found the pants had a good length but were too narrow. The jacket on the other hand fit perfect but I wish the sleeves were just a hair shorter maybe an inch or inch and a half. I hear alot of other guys are experiencing the same problems with this size.

My blue A3Slim pants tore completely across the knee and my belt loops ripped off only after using the pants for two months.

I'm hoping Shoyoroll really takes everyones thoughts into consideration when designing their upcoming batches, especially everyones thoughts on sizing.

Same thing here.

Last edited:
I have six Shoyoroll gis (Grey Skies, batch 4?- white w/ black lapel, BlackStar, batch 6 white, batch 6 blue and Comp 450) and I love them all. Only gi I'll wear from now on.

As far as customer service goes, Vince has been awesome with me from day one. I had a collar issue with batch 6 he replaced it and I had pants that tore and replaced those too. Both at no charge and within a week. He also sent me a free SYR shirt.

SYR rules

Back