does anybody here spar with elbows?

Throwing elbows while the other guy has a motorcycle helmet on, ouch. And no headbutts with a full motor cycle helmet on! I'm lost.

miniaq said:
Throwing elbows while the other guy has a motorcycle helmet on, ouch. And no headbutts with a full motor cycle helmet on! I'm lost.

A motorcycle helmet is designed to protect the wearer for "one" impact. One of the first things that the outer shell does is crack if it makes an impact with a hard surface(that would include another helmet) so the cushioning inside then dissaptes the impact. Most motorcyles helment only have to withstand a 15mph impact to get their DOT rating to be sold in the US. So basically, they would ruin a the helmet after the first couple of head butts. That would get reall expensive real fast.

I'm still trying to picture two guys banging away at each other wearing them. That has to be an interesting site. Thats also gotta tear up the elbows.

i never sparred with elbows but i have did elbow combos on the mitts and punching bag, i'd hate to take a fast elbow to the face.... ouch, but i guess i gotta get past that

krait said:
A motorcycle helmet is designed to protect the wearer for "one" impact. One of the first things that the outer shell does is crack if it makes an impact with a hard surface(that would include another helmet) so the cushioning inside then dissaptes the impact. Most motorcyles helment only have to withstand a 15mph impact to get their DOT rating to be sold in the US. So basically, they would ruin a the helmet after the first couple of head butts. That would get reall expensive real fast.

I'm still trying to picture two guys banging away at each other wearing them. That has to be an interesting site. Thats also gotta tear up the elbows.

I couldn't have said that better, thanks.

yeah, it is kind of funny to watch, it looks like 2 people with very large heads. It's not that bad on the elbows, remember we are allowed to throw them, it's not the only thing we throw. You still have to get in range to land them. The most you'll land 2 maybe 3 before the guy leave range again.

Back