does anybody have experience flipping ufc tickets?

jeff7b9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am going to ufc 175 and buying tickets tomorrow.

Has anyone bought tickets before and resold them?

If so how did you do? Did you make any money?

Morally I hate to do this but it kind of makes sense for this situation, we have about 8 people going so two of us are going to try and buy 6 tix each, giving me a possibility of have two extras to sell. Since plane tickets were rather expensive it would be nice to make a little money back (and just in case one of us can't get tickets the other will have most of our group covered)

I'm not much of a gambler but I am going guess this is probably the best bet I could make in Vegas.

Dude you can't make a post asking how to scalpe tickets.

Don't events generally not sellout these days? Making scalping tickets worthless? :/

Your best bet is to sell em right at the gate when the event is starting. You'll see a lot of drunk guys trying to buy em with gambling winnings. But dont be stupid follow these steps.

1) Look as shady as possible. Seceruity is gonna know exactly what your doing if your well dressed, or look clean cut and standing outside. However if u look kinda weird they arent gonna wana bother you.

2) Give people the nod b4 you approach them. You will have to approach them, but you if u just run up to them u might freak them out. Give them a nod so they know whats goin on and a deals about to go down.

3) Use codewords. Dont just say hi buddy i got 2 frontrrow tickets for $500 dollhairs, u gotta be more stealthy.

4) Do drugs

5) profit

Your best bet is to sell em right at the gate when the event is starting. You'll see a lot of drunk guys trying to buy em with gambling winnings. But dont be stupid follow these steps.

1) Look as shady as possible. Seceruity is gonna know exactly what your doing if your well dressed, or look clean cut and standing outside. However if u look kinda weird they arent gonna wana bother you.

2) Give people the nod b4 you approach them. You will have to approach them, but you if u just run up to them u might freak them out. Give them a nod so they know whats goin on and a deals about to go down.

3) Use codewords. Dont just say hi buddy i got 2 frontrrow tickets for $500 dollhairs, u gotta be more stealthy.

4) Do drugs

5) profit

Do it TS

I did this for the Winnipeg show, which sold out first day. Sold 2 of my extra four tickets for a solid profit on Stub Hub, got stuck with the other two and had to sell them at a tremendous discount. As it was, I basically broke even, maybe down a bit.

This show will probably sell out so it's a better bet than most to try this but good luck. I got my tickets this morning.

I would say it's not even worth the hassle.

Didn't you know? UFC is dying.

zero percent chance of making money scalping tickets for a UFC event

4) Do drugs

5) profit

Sound advice if I've ever heard it!

If you go the eBay route sell locally only with just "Local Pick UP" as the only shipping option.

It might sound like silly advice but you have no idea how many idiots buy for the wrong show or try and rush at the last min. You don't want to spend the first part of the show getting someone else their tickets.

The best advice I can offer though, as someone else said is not to try. Especially at a vegas show without a huge name draw for casuals.

Vegas is usually flowing with free and comped tickets. Its harder to make money doing this now, and really tough in a market where there is a ufc show ALOT. Like every other show.

This is more of a business for a market with a rare ufc show, or a big show like ufc 1oo. The way stub hub makes money at this is volume. Like McDonalds selling burger or WalMart selling crap.

If you have not already bought too many tickets don't.

UFC 175 isnt gonna sell out and youre gonna end up selling those tickets at a loss

Why don't you stand outside a UFC event and find out how many people such as yourself you might bump into.

I know a few people have already said this but I wanna reiterate to try to save you money:

DONT BUY EXTRA TICKETS

The shows just don't sell out anymore. Not even close. 174 hasn't even sold half the tickets and its in like 3 weeks. At 131 I bought extra tickets because I expected it to sell out with Brock as the main event. Even before he dropped out of the fight, barely anyone bought tickets and I was left holding my... wallet... and sold them at a loss to friends not as interested as I was. It's a pretty bad live event market

Back