1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Does anybody else like Amazon Prime better than Netflix?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Steve-French, Jan 22, 2020.

?

Which app do you like better?

1. Amazon Prime

45.1%
  2. Netflix

54.9%
  1. Steve-French What A Rush!!!

I recently canceled Netflix, because I wasn't really using it. I actually like Amazon Prime better. I think they have a broader range of content for what I like to watch. Plus the layout of the app is better as you can link other paid and free with adds streaming accounts to it.

The two day shipping is a nice touch too if you want to order something. There are a few Netflix series I like, but I can always catch those on a scrapper app. I think the only thing I would re-up my Netflix app for is Black Mirror just so I could watch it in UHD 4K.

2. mb23100 Steel Belt

I use both about equally. Netflix has better documentaries and original movies imo. I think I prefer Netflix now that i think about it. I love the old school Unsolved Mysteries on Prime though.

3. Da Speeit Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    Hell yeah.
    House, Kitchen Nightmares, etc.

The interface is just shit. Netflix has the interface as good as a streaming service can be at this point. That's where the others fall behind.

4. TheOneAboveAll3 Banned Banned

The better overall deal is Prime but the better movies and shows content is no doubt Netflix. You have so many great shows, from Narcos, Daredevil, The Witcher, and so many others. Amazon has Man on the high castle and Jack Ryan which I love though.

5. weed ベルセルク

what are some good Prime shows?

6. Solid Steel Belt

The boys

7. Solid Steel Belt

And most hbo series are on there like the sopranos, the wire, oz, curb your enthusiasm etc

8. faustian BRUTAL 5-4 Platinum Member

Netflix has superior original content but I like Amazon's TV/movie library. Hulu's TV library is also pretty strong

9. Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Netflix is way better for me
    They got a much better selection of movies, shows and documentaries
    I basically just use Prime to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm reruns

10. Drain Bamage Banned Banned

Netflix interface looks the best but they try to do too much sometimes. They should have a Lite or Low Bandwidth version that disables autoplay previews etc...

11. Steve-French What A Rush!!!

The Boys and The Man in the High Castle are the only two that I have watched, but they were really good. I don't really watch a hell of a lot of series like that though. I'll pick up a few here and there, but I'm not trying to watch everything. I also have HBO, Showtime, and Stars with my cable package so I have plenty of options when it comes to TV Dramas.

12. weed ベルセルク

I saw "The Boys" & I thought TMiTHC was pretty good but I gave up around season 3 episode 2 I think - I forget. right after Juliana & her sister get captured & then get released into Tagomi's care or some shit. the acting took a pretty huge hit in that season IMO.

I saw Sneaky Pete season 1 a whiiile ago & know there are more seasons. I thought it was pretty good but I forget that actor's name, the main character, it feels like he's trying too hard to be like Aaron Paul for some reason. I remember people echoing the same way back when also.

13. usmctanker242 Red Belt

Netflix is just about dead to me. I watch Peaky Blinders and Wentworth on there, and that's just about it. I also watch Trailer Park Boys but it seems as that's pretty much over. Their animated stuff was OK, but not great. I see on Facebook that they're doing a new show about the boys being in prison, but I'm not sure it's worth the cost of Netflix for a year to see it anymore.

14. Alphaboy Gold Belt

I love it because I get to watch the Marvelous Ms. Maisel! Oy vey, I haven't gotten watched it since Hannukah. I can't wait for the new season!

15. Protectandserve Red Belt

Prime has a very few high quality shows. They supposedly have LOTR's coming so that will definitely be a plus for me.

Right now even with the vast amount of misses, Netflix still has them beat.

16. Cherry Brigand We're gonna put some heat on 'em.

If there was a prime option with no Amazon video for less money, I'd take it. The interface is terrible and most of their content is meh.

The Boys is phenomenal tho.

17. Omegaboy13 Sweepin' Your Leg

I think Amazon has a better overall breadth of content in regards to their original series. Netflix has their slamdunk flagships that are much better than Amazon though (ST, OINB, Afterlife, House of Cards, etc). Amazon is catching up though.

Netflix has (or had) better documentaries and bingable classics (Office, Friends). They're losing a lot of their content soon though.

Better movies just depends on the cycle. Amazon has the a la carte options for movies when I'm looking for something specific and willing to pay.

If I had to choose one I'd go with Amazon.

18. jerzey devil Jerzey-Duz-It

A restaurant, because the customer is always right
    Amazon has a good selection of 70’s-80’s Kung Fu movies. Lots of Shaw Brother's. But overall I think Netflix edges Amazon out.

19. SamSchmidt I crossed time for you belt Banned

Definitely Prime since having both from the beginning

20. genecop Gold Belt

Pretty damn close..