Does anybody care about CM Punk's UFC debut?

I care. Punk was the WWE's version of McGregor in terms of mic skills.

Obviously people care enough to start a thread or reply to a thread about how much "they don't care".

I'll watch, hoping his face gets smashed in.

uh yeah. he fought above his weight class in wwe with great success..

elbowdrop_medium.gif

There are weight classes there? Because i dont think Rey Misterio wrestling guys twice his size are in the same weight class, lol.

Nice move there, isnt that table supposed to fall apart?

Just thinking what a bone-head move this is for Punk. He quits a lucrative wrestling career to pursue mma in his late 30's and has the chance to be humiliated in front of millions for way less guaranteed money.

I guess he could always go back to wrestling, McMahon is very forgiving..

I personally couldn't possible care any less. I know he has a fan base but I've never been a viewer of WWE so I really know nothibg about him nor am I interested to. If he becomes a decent fighter I'll keep him on my radar as I would any one else though

He's going to willingly step into the cage and give his best effort so I give him props. I don't care what his former profession was. But then, I'm not a snobby elitist prick like so many here.

You don't like his signing, yell at Zuffa. But then yell at them for every other smuck that's coming into the Octagon with barely any credentials. Yell at them for the relentless pushing of hype-trains. Yell at them for going with hype over substance. Yell at them for watery cards. Yell at them for barely defended belts. Yell at them for ignoring ranking. Yell at them for ignoring time served and quality of service in their roster.

Last edited:
On a scale of 0-10 fucks I give a whopping 0 fucks!

Haters always hate. I looking forward to seeing the fight myself. Cant fault CM Punk for doing what he is doing. he guy was told he couldn't do a lot of stuff and proved people wrong. He is no Brock Lesnar but he is bringing more eyes to a sport I love which is good for all the fighters.

the only reason i care is cause someone with zero experience rolled straight into the top mma promotion in the world.

As I haven't watched pro wrestling in over a cpl decades. I had never heard of the guy. I think his stage name is lame as fuck.

All that said... you can't go a single day on sherdog without seeing his name. So, I have a natural sense of curiosity as to how this will play out. I'm completely neutral on the guy, though. I don't care if he wins, or loses. I'm assuming his fight will either be on FS1 pre-lims, or to open a PPV card ( Not fight pass ). So, I will see the fight, unless it is on fight pass. I sure as fuck would not buy fight pass just to see the guy fight. So, I'm curious... no more, no less.

I'm interested in what he can do against a young prospect. Everyone thinks he'll get rekt and i like to support the underdog, so part of me wants him to do well.

We will see.

They had CM Punk on fightpass a lot on Saturday and he didn't even seem to care about CM Punk's debut.

I'm rooting for him. He seems like a good enough guy who had the sense to realize that he was way in over his head and needed time to develop and all the douche bags here will commit seppuku if he wins saying how a professional wrestler doesn't belong in MMA while masturbating to their Sakuraba poster. It's a win win.

There are weight classes there? Because i dont think Rey Misterio wrestling guys twice his size are in the same weight class, lol.

dood he beat the undertaker and he weighs 300 lbs. now imagine him fighting at 170 lbs those guys are in trouble.

On a scale of 0-10 fucks I give a whopping 0 fucks!
obviously you do .
A lot of people care and it will be big ratings. He will win and get some more top notch training and work his way up the ranks.

Back