Does any top fighter not belong to a team? An independent?

I'm not sure if I'm understanding properly.

But Joanna certainly doesn't have any famous gym mates that I know of.

This definitely was what I was looking for...Bouncing around could be bad for a fighter to not have a home BUT, Joanna has definitely prove that theory wrong... A champ that controls all her training methods.

maybe not a top fighter, but jonathen brookings springs to mind (could be way out) isn't he sorta travelling the world now just fighting random places more for the spiritual aspects of mma?

Uriah Hall has said that he wants to be like Ryu from Street Fighter. He jumps camps. Doesn't like to be in one place.

Roy Nelson literally trained at his house in his living room at least for a time while competing in the ufc. Not sure if he still does or not. He had a matted area like conjoined to his living room lmao. Probably got burger king between training sessions.

This definitely was what I was looking for...Bouncing around could be bad for a fighter to not have a home BUT, Joanna has definitely prove that theory wrong... A champ that controls all her training methods.

You're soooo wrong.
Joanna trains in Arrachion Olsztyn full time. Her coaches controls all her training since the switch to MMA... and they are great in this.

Mamed Khalidov was developed by the same coaches in the same gym.

You're soooo wrong.
Joanna trains in Arrachion Olsztyn full time. Her coaches controls all her training since the switch to MMA... and they are great in this.

I was only taking a posters word for it, that she trained as an independent fighter...Now I know that she does in fact belong to a team and has all her training done by 1 group of trainers.

it sounds like youre typing out each new thought you have.

Another example of a great fighter who chooses to train how he wants to.....Him and Joanna showed me that it can be done.

I was only taking a posters word for it, that she trained as an independent fighter...Now I know that she does in fact belong to a team and has all her training done by 1 group of trainers.

You're soooo wrong.

khalidov and Robert drysdale are two major players on her team.. But as far as gyms go for UFC champs, jj might have the least known/developed one... Not sure if that's the best word anyway..

But to be fair. It's not proper for a champ to jump around even if they belong to a small/exclusive gym. Just doesn't work

Tito originally went to big bear with all his own cronies, but the eventually became known as team punishment.

Back