Does Anderson really need a belt?

nbknas

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If Anderson goes on and destroys Weidman/Rockhold like he obviously will.. should he just drop the belt and start doing superfights of sorts?

That way you'll have a fresh MW division that will kill each other for that belt..

Anderson himself is bigger than a belt.. his legacy is bigger.. meaning that Fighters will want to fight him regardless if he's holding the belt or not.. Beating him would be more impressive than actually getting the belt.

Interesting, other than Weidman I dont see anyone poses a threat to his title reign in the middleweight division.
Now, if GSP or Jones superfight are put together I might get my hopes up a little.

Interesting, other than Weidman I dont see anyone poses a threat to his title reign in the middleweight division.
Now, if GSP or Jones superfight are put together I might get my hopes up a little.

What about Jacare ? he's improved his striking an obviously dangerous on the ground, it was also a really close fight to call with rockhold.

He has worked very hard for that belt, but I completely agree with you.

That's all beneath him now!

What about Jacare ? he's improved his striking an obviously dangerous on the ground, it was also a really close fight to call with rockhold.

Arent they from the same camp? His striking is too one dimensional, especially in the lawler fight.

I can see your point, but I think Anderson would at least want to hold onto the belt for the record books.

You are not making this point, but it is absurd to suggest Anderson is actually hurting the MW division. These guys are losing before they even get a shot while in other divisions fighters are building records of 4+ wins in a row. The problem isn't Anderson.

ive always thought that anderson has grew past the need to defend the decision.
imo there comes a point where you dominate your division so bad that superfights should be your only options

I'm glad Bisping lost as I really didn't want to see the AS v MB fight, I mean of course I'd watch but we all know what would've happened. The question is what the hell to do with him? His "Supposed" challenger of a lifetime is on ice for the next 5 months and the person who smashed the prospective contender doesn't want to taste feet again.

Why are people acting like Weidman has any chance of beating Silva? Do people just figure they have to fill the role of supporter of champions opponent and support whatever random name might fight the champ?

I'm gonna start acting like... Costa is going to beat Silva. He's a beast, did you see what he did to guy he fought? Silva has no chance against.. dammit, who did I randomly pick again? Costa? Oh yeah, him.

Why are people acting like Weidman has any chance of beating Silva? Do people just figure they have to fill the role of supporter of champions opponent and support whatever random name might fight the champ?

I'm gonna start acting like... Costa is going to beat Silva. He's a beast, did you see what he did to guy he fought? Silva has no chance against.. dammit, who did I randomly pick again? Costa? Oh yeah, him.

All of this

Back