does Amir Khan have a KO power ?

callofdutyNBA

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I can never figure out if this dude can punch or not, in some fights, he looks like a puncher & other times he looks like he's throwing pepper shots.

Can he punch ?

Not really.

He overwhelms guys with workrate, like in the Paulie fight.

No he relies on his speed and volume with just enough power to keep the opponent at bay

his power is underrated .

"workrate " and " speed " isn't what dropped maidana in the first round of their fight.

Nope

Past fighters he fought said it was the volume of punches and the blitz

They were never powerful

Them past fighters were the likes Gomez and domestic fighters a few years ago

ib2mkcfs1SdsT9.gif

Last edited:
He isn't a huge puncher but to say that he relies purely on volume is totally wrong he can punch just hard enough to hurt you. He dropped Maidana, stopped Judah and stopped Pauli and dropped Collazzo. Yes Judah breaks mentally and he didn't stop Pauli with 1 punch power but Pauli has solid defence and a good chin if you can stop him in any way you aren't featherfisted and Garcia couldn't stop Judah.
He's kinda like comeback Vitali who isn't really that much of a 1 punch guy but can hurt you and will stop you if he lands often enough

His speed and catching them when they dont see it is more impressive than his power but he isnt pillow fisted by any stretch.

Any mention of the great Michael Gomez in a thread gets this...

insta001.gif

insta002.gif

his power is underrated .

"workrate " and " speed " isn't what dropped maidana in the first round of their fight.

It doesn't take huge power to hurt guys with body shots.

Dat "work rate."

Paulie MAlignaggi has stopped guys too.

The Salita fight is the only fight where he's steamrolled any ranked guy like that and Salita was no one special.

His "power" wasn't a factor against Peterson, Garcia, Diaz, etc etc etc.

yes, but a lot of it is speed, workrate, and precision

he doesn't put huge power into his shots, but he lands them accurately

1 punch concussive no..to stop fools yes. Anyone that can make Maidana squeal like a pig does IMO

He has KO speed, which is just as good.

I think people also forget in the Maidana fight Khan bounced about 30 shots a rd off his head for the first 3-4 rds before he started to fade.

Maidanas face after the fight.

54_khanmaid_1182738a.jpg

Khan isn't a puncher. He garners respect, but every pro boxer basically can. His asset is his speed, and guys can get hurt when they don't see it coming.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be noticing, but Khan looks the worst for wear.

Back