Does Alex need to work on his cardio?

Gustaffson is really light on the feet, jumping up and down pretty much constantly, never stays still.

I think his gas tank is fine.....his style is just a very taxing one.

This. Gus has very good cardio.

He seemed fine until he took that nasty elbow. More cardio can't hurt.

He really needs more finishing power with his striking.

As above, sometimes you could have the best cardio, but being winded and taking shots takes alot out of you. But it was the first time he was in a big 5 round fight, so he could improve it.

That was the most insane pace ever cut in a fight above 185. I don't think it's a huge issue

It was a grueling fight. I don't question cardio in any fighter if they are tired by the 5th round. He was stlll working and he obviously wasnt so tired he was in any danger in the 5th. He saw an oppurtunity for a deep breath and he took it. Jones was pretty tired himself.

Cardio questions come up in the 2nd and 3rd round. Championship rounds are something else, especially for the heavier weights.

I actually he was going to fall over when he was putting his hands down to his hips. Some fight. Warriors both of them. Gonna be one of the most talked about decisions in awhile.

as soon as he got rocked his cardio went out the door. He was completely fine before and the pace displayed in this fight was unreal. Never seen it before at such a high weightclass

More cardio couldn't hurt. Also, I think if there's a rematch, Jones will readjust. Gus needs to expand his game. More strikes, elbows, leg kicks.

Can't forget take downs. I think both Jones and Gus were pretty good neutralizing TDs but it might be the factor in the rematch.

Is it possible JJ bodykicked the cardio out of Gus?

I think it was more the concussion received in the 4th round more than being tired.

His brain was pretty much begging for a break. His heart kept him going though

This, I got a bad feeling when he almost fell down in the 5th, I hope he did not suffer any serious brain damage. What a warrior though!

Funny thing is, after he looked like he was about to suffered a stroke or heart attack in rd 5, he defender another Jones TD and fed Jones several more solid punches to his face.

But yes, with better cardio, he might've taken the match and the belt to dethrone Jones.

But his cardio was much better than expected nothing less.

Jones kicks to the body likely had something to do with it.

LOL @ this shit. He's a very large man who was moving constantly and had to shrug off one of the best wrestlers in the sport repeatedly. A guy with bad cardio would have fallen over in the middle of the third round.

We're talking about real fights here not fucking video games.

He stopped circling the longer the fight went. I think this is an area to improve on cardio and movement wise.

Great performance though, honestly I'm impressed with Alex. Is there room for improvement? Yes. But I feel he just went to a draw with the greatest champion in the sport even if he did lose officially on the score cards.

LOL @ this shit. He's a very large man who was moving constantly and had to shrug off one of the best wrestlers in the sport repeatedly. A guy with bad cardio would have fallen over in the middle of the third round.

We're talking about real fights here not fucking video games.

A guy who would have fallen over in the third round probably shouldnt be in the cage period.

Back