Does Aldo Have KO Power In His Hands?

LOL...all these gifs show is sloppy sloppy striking and limited punching power. Find me one of these:

tumblr_mzodrubto51ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

That's just it. Aldo hasn't fought any cans. The closest he came was 189.

He's mainly about the kicks and knees. As far as his hands go, they're good but not top notch.

As far as MMA goes they are about as top notch as you are going to see. The guy developed a wicked jab and counter off his pivot

LOL...all these gifs show is sloppy sloppy striking and limited punching power. Find me one of these:

You can argue all you want that Conor has better hands. There is a good argument that he does. What you can't argue is that Aldo clearly has the cleaner more technical hands then Conor. Does that mean they are better? No, but Conor is a sloppier puncher.

He hits hard because he is cutting 20 pounds to make weight he needs to be more conservative that is why he is a decision master now but he is a exciting decision master.

You kind of proved the TS point here.. The gif is a failed shoot into an uppercut which should knock you out, the fact that the other dude was only rocked is a testament of Aldo's power. The drop to Mendes was a very late punch, likely after Mendes was expecting it and legs supported his weight. The other gif is a flurry, that, again, only rocked and never really came close to KO, just a tko.

You can argue all you want that Conor has better hands. There is a good argument that he does. What you can't argue is that Aldo clearly has the cleaner more technical hands then Conor. Does that mean they are better? No, but Conor is a sloppier puncher.

Conor's whole gameplan is very technical. Whether Aldo is "cleaner" or not, is a matter of aesthetics. Connor's striking is very very technical.

That's just it. Aldo hasn't fought any cans. The closest he came was 189.

LOL...too bad about that bruised rib though eh? If Chad is to believed he fought with a broken foot. And Conor couldnt even train because his knee was so bad. But "no show" Aldo had to pull out for the 5th time. Totally, and I mean TOTALLY unrelated but are you worried about the new PED testing going forward?

He's mainly about the kicks and knees. As far as his hands go, they're good but not top notch.

Not top notch.... Good lord..

Pay attention to this one, guys! We've got a top notch handicapper right here!

As far as MMA goes they are about as top notch as you are going to see. The guy developed a wicked jab and counter off his pivot

Pretty much, although I think Conor has better hands. Despite this, Aldo is still among the top 5 boxers in MMA.

550x381xaldo-rizzo.png.speedilic.ic.ikEGMUFLGM.jpg

WWCD?

What would Conor do?

Well that fight happened around the same time Connor was getting choked out by people not in the top 75 at the time, so he wouldn't have done shit.

His hands have KO power. We just haven't seen it because he's versatile in every part of MMA.

the fact that it got this far and went to decision kind of proves that aldo lacks ko power. isn't this the same guy that KZ KOd in a few seconds?
Hominick's head gave birth to a baby. How often do you see this kind of damage?

This, Aldo has fantastic hands, one of the best jabs in MMA. He hits hard too, but rarely plants and goes for a KO punch, which is why it doesn't happen.

Probably the best slip of his career. I like Conor but he seems to get tagged an awful lot.

Lol these kids have no idea.

Back