Does Aldo have a realistic chance?

WHere I am pulling this shit? Aldo had 8 title defences and Yan has 0, the skillset is not even comparable, Aldo is much better fighter. Aldo got put to sleep by a jab, that's how you define a cracked chin. Yan can win but not because he is the better fighter, its simply his time to shine.
When did Aldo get put to sleep by a jab? The answer is never. I don’t think you know the difference between a jab and a cross.

The last two years he’s 2-2 and got finished zero times. I’m not pointing this out just because you are wrong, I’m pointing this out because you are an obnoxious idiot :rolleyes:

Aldo has accomplished a lot more, so of course he’s the ”better fighter”. However, Yan is showing tons of promise. We’ll see who the better fighter is come fight night because Yan will surely put his hands on him.

hell yea he got a chance. I give him about 35%

When did Aldo get put to sleep by a jab? The answer is never. I don’t think you know the difference between a jab and a cross.

The last two years he’s 2-2 and got finished zero times. I’m not pointing this out just because you are wrong, I’m pointing this out because you are an obnoxious idiot :rolleyes:

Aldo has accomplished a lot more, so of course he’s the ”better fighter”. However, Yan is showing tons of promise. We’ll see who the better fighter is come fight night because Yan will surely put his hands on him.
You don't what id a cross and what is a jab obviously. Cross is a powerpunch...
Aldo was finished twice by Max.
You don't sound very smart.

Aldo was never good. Suredawg told me so.

Yan is going to murk aldo. I like aldo but his best days are behind him and yans are ahead of him

Lmao prime Aldo would make easy work of Yan

But at this stage he's probably going to look good for 2 rounds then gas

lol "Prime Aldo" is a myth

Its 2020 bro, you can simply google up old "Prime Aldo" and look at the calibre of who he fought on that streak to falsely be called the FW Goat. He beat a bunch of mediocre fighters peppered with some decent ones (Zombie, Edgar, Mendes, Florian, Faber).

As soon as he hit the next gen of fighters Connor, Max, Volk, he crumbled.

Conor is the FW Goat. Lets entertain that Conor vs Aldo was a fluke so it never happened. Max comprehensivly beat Aldo twice, and Conor beat max on 1 leg.

So long story short, I don't rate Aldo's or "prime Aldo's) chances vs Yan... and please stop believing in this prime Aldo myth.

Cause Yan is an absolute killer. Just rewatched the Faber fight and I couldn't find a damn weakness, dude is just solid and has a ton of momentum and confidence right now.

I still think Aldo is a top 10 fighter, but I have a feeling this will be a massacre like Yan vs Faber, especially knowing that Aldo has completely forgotten how to throw a leg kick.

It's really too bad, Aldo at his best vs Yan would be fight of the year potential, but I fear it might be one sided.
If you think this is going to look like the Faber fight then I think you didn’t watch Aldo’s fights.

I'm favoring Yan in this one, just based off Aldo having a ton of mma miles on him and fighting out of his natural weight class..

That said, if Aldo decides to bring back the leg kicks all theories go out the window..

Had this EXACT thought this morning.

If you think this is going to look like the Faber fight then I think you didn’t watch Aldo’s fights.
No I know Aldo is still more game than Faber, but Yan was toying with Faber.

I think he will take Aldo a lot more seriously, I still think Aldo might be overmatched... unless, like I said some leg kicking version of Aldo finally shows up again.

Its 2020 bro, you can simply google up old "Prime Aldo" and look at the calibre of who he fought on that streak to falsely be called the FW Goat. He beat a bunch of mediocre fighters peppered with some decent ones (Zombie, Edgar, Mendes, Florian, Faber).

Conor is the FW Goat. Lets entertain that Conor vs Aldo was a fluke so it never happened. Max comprehensivly beat Aldo twice, and Conor beat max on 1 leg.

So long story short, I don't rate Aldo's or "prime Aldo's) chances vs Yan... and please stop believing in this prime Aldo myth.

You sound like you started watching mma in 2014, 2013 the earliest to be honest.

One of the hardest things to come to terms with is the fact that one of your fav's is over the hill. This happened to me with Shogun, with Cro Cop with Chuck, with Anderson. Aldo can still be competitive with the top guys but he isnt gonna beat any of them.

Conor isn't the GOAT of anything but tapping to journeymen

Conor beat Max when he was losing to guys like Dennis Bermudez

The prime versions of Mendes and Edgar that Aldo beat would've wiped the floor with Conor; he was even getting owned by post-USADA Mendes on short notice <Lmaoo>

No I know Aldo is still more game than Faber, but Yan was toying with Faber.

I think he will take Aldo a lot more seriously, I still think Aldo might be overmatched... unless, like I said some leg kicking version of Aldo finally shows up again.
That’s what I envisioned, tearing up those legs for the first 2 would serve Aldo well.

Conor isn't the GOAT of anything but tapping to journeymen

Conor beat Max when he was losing to guys like Dennis Bermudez

The prime versions of Mendes and Edgar that Aldo beat would've wiped the floor with Conor; he was even getting owned by post-USADA Mendes on short notice <Lmaoo>

haha, the casuals

you can't make any argument to deny otherwise, Conor beat the better fighters. He beat - pretty easily - guys who are now top of the sport.
Who was Aldo beating? Mendes Zombie? Florian? hahhaha

I'll give you that he beat Franky

And really how can you argue Aldo over Conor when Aldo got decimated in 13 seconds?

awwww you think he should have hung round and beat nameless fighter after nameless fighter to pad a streak?

why are you casuals so obsessed with streaks?

Its like some moron turning down a job promotion to do more years in a mid level job rather than go to the executive team, makes no sense.

You sound like you started watching mma in 2014, 2013 the earliest to be honest.

you sound like you have had no life since 2010 :)

33k posts? lmao 3.3k a year, 9 a day. Imagine if you put that time into actually training or watching MMA lol

Back