Does Aldo have a realistic chance?

They have trained in the past and Aldo whooped his ass, who knows now, but he definitely has a chance, Aldo has a chance against anyone at 135/145

yes he does, why do so many shertards think yan is this unbeatable prodigy. actually keep thinking like that I want better odds for aldo for that money

Aldo has a realistic chance if Yan makes same mistakes he made in Rivera fight. Just rewatch that fight and you'll see. Also Yan fighting style isn't overall good to beat Aldo without risking too much (imo), unless he makes some adjustments.

Yeah I think so. Past prime/hella mileage Aldo still a force to be reckoned with. People were counting him our hard against Moares and then he goes out there and arguebly beat the #1 contender or at least the guy who just fought for the world title in his last bout.

I think Yan will probably win, but I think it's possible that Aldo and all that 5 round experience could sneak away with it or he shocks the world and manages to get the finish.

Aldo is more skilled and better in every way than Yan.
Yan is just tougher and will probably find Aldo's cracked chin.
45% Aldo wins this.

Aldo is being slept on big time. I got it at like Yan 60% Aldo 40%

Aldos chin is not nearly as strong as it used to be but the speed/power/technique are all still there.
Power and technique yes, but he is 33 now with a ton of mileage. The time when his speed is not what it used to be is getting closer.

Yes, definitely. His chances are pretty good, even without his leg kicks.

And Aldo was never "destroyed" by anyone, his problem was gassing against Holloway and succumbing because of that. If his gas is ok for this fight, I would pick Yan by decision. I really don't see Yan "destroying" Aldo tbh.

Last edited:
Yes. Absoloutly. He's still incredibly dangerous. That chances fades as time passes though, unless he has cardio

Aldo is more skilled and better in every way than Yan.
Yan is just tougher and will probably find Aldo's cracked chin.
45% Aldo wins this.
Where are you pulling this shit from? Aldo more skilled everywhere but Yan is tougher? Aldo’s cracked chin?

<{cruzshake}>

It’s a close fight but Yan is a clear favorite. The betting odds imply it’s closer to 35% for Aldo to win. Very interested to see how it all plays out and if Aldo just comes to box with Yan.

I’d say Aldo’s best chance would be to use kicks and knees as well as mix in some grappling. I’m fairly confident that Aldo is better on the ground, but I can’t remember him going for takedowns in like... ever.

Both very skilled fighters and a lot on the line here. Lessss goooo!

Where are you pulling this shit from? Aldo more skilled everywhere but Yan is tougher? Aldo’s cracked chin?

<{cruzshake}>

It’s a close fight but Yan is a clear favorite. The betting odds imply it’s closer to 35% for Aldo to win. Very interested to see how it all plays out and if Aldo just comes to box with Yan.

I’d say Aldo’s best chance would be to use kicks and knees as well as mix in some grappling. I’m fairly confident that Aldo is better on the ground, but I can’t remember him going for takedowns in like... ever.

Both very skilled fighters and a lot on the line here. Lessss goooo!

WHere I am pulling this shit? Aldo had 8 title defences and Yan has 0, the skillset is not even comparable, Aldo is much better fighter. Aldo got put to sleep by a jab, that's how you define a cracked chin. Yan can win but not because he is the better fighter, its simply his time to shine.

Love Aldo but he is past his prime now. A prime Aldo would have a tough fight with Yan let alone this version of Aldo.

Aldo would still beat most of the lower tier BW's. Yan is too much for him at this point

Aldo has proven that you can't count him out yet. Can't wait to see this fight.

I honestly don’t know if aldo ever had a good chin. In wed he mauled people so violently he didn’t take damage

in ufc he fought so safe he didn’t take damage

It wasn’t really until mendes and Conor did I see him slipping.

mans that one fight he has the flu

I rewatched Yan vs Faber and Aldo vs Marlon last night. I'm thinking Yan sleeps him. He did ways better vs Faber than I remembered. Didn't get hit much, Faber didn't look as stiff as he did before the retirement either imo. While Aldo looked better than expected he just doesn't look the same. There was something off about him at 135 and I'm not sure if it's just in my head or I'm lacking the words to describe it. Also we haven't seen if he gasses j. The 4th and 5th at 135 yet which you would expect him to do.

Yan has never beaten a top 10 guy or had a 5 round fight in the UFC. Maybe he's all he's hyped to be, but lets not act like he's proven he can work his game against somebody with the athleticism, skill, and experience of Aldo. The tales of Aldo's demise are greatly exaggerated. He looked great in his fright vs Marlon, who I believe is a more dangerous fighter than Yan.

Back