Does Aldo have a realistic chance?

For certain Aldo has a chance: he gave a top contender a good fight. I do think Yan is the more likely to win, but I wouldn't be shocked if Aldo pulls it off, whereas I would be if it's an easy fight for either.

I would say Yan takes it, but there's a good case to be made for Aldo (especially for an underdog bet). Yan hasn't really fought anyone in the top 10. He could legitimately be one of the top 3 bantam weights in the world, or he could have just looked good against lesser competition, we don't know yet. Aldo will be the bigger man in the cage, weight cut didn't seem to affect him against Moraes, and on that note, he arguably already beat the number 2 guy in the division. You can tack on championship experience to all that as well.

Last edited:
Of course he does. He's one of the best p4p to ever compete in the sport. Past his prime? Absolutely. Still dangerous? Dangerous as fuck. I like Yan by dec, Aldo seems too willing to get into gritty fist fights and leave it to the judges these days ... but you never know.

Cause Yan is an absolute killer. Just rewatched the Faber fight and I couldn't find a damn weakness, dude is just solid and has a ton of momentum and confidence right now.

I still think Aldo is a top 10 fighter, but I have a feeling this will be a massacre like Yan vs Faber, especially knowing that Aldo has completely forgotten how to throw a leg kick.

It's really too bad, Aldo at his best vs Yan would be fight of the year potential, but I fear it might be one sided.
Aldo at his best would decimate Yan at his best.

Do I think Aldo will win? No.
Do I think Aldo has a chance to win? Yes. Much crazier things have happened.
Does watching Yan fight Faber tell you anything about how a Yan vs Aldo fight will go? Hell no. Faber is a wreste-boxer. Aldo is a anti-wrestler boxer.

Aldo is being slept on big time. I got it at like Yan 60% Aldo 40%

Aldos chin is not nearly as strong as it used to be but the speed/power/technique are all still there.

Meh, not sure Aldo still has the power in BW that he used to have in FW...... Moraes was walking him down like his punches were nothing. Without the ability to KO Yan Aldo's path of victory is super narrow cause Yan will almost certainly crush Aldo the longer the fight goes.

Yes he does, if he can keep his cardio in check and not look to sling leather and pick his shots he can hold out for 3rds and give himself a chance.

Yan beat up Faber...
When did that become impressive again?

Aldo has fought so many people that were better than Yan

I get Aldo is old but if he has one last champion lvl performance in him he starches Yan

I love Faber but you're correct. People acting like he slept mighty mouse or some shit.

Buuuut I do see Yan winning. He's the guy on the up and Aldo's on the way down.

LOL at the Petr Can fans

It's Aldo and besides Max who has dominated him to the point that they were going to stop him? Yeah we know the conor fight but the rematch never happened and that was Aldo being a fool and running in chin first. If Yan wants to win this he's going to have to accept the risk of getting KO'd himself or resorting to game planning ala Alexander.

Jesus fans want a new fedor so bad and hype up every damn russian who comes in to the UFC.

He may very well win but he's not running through Jose at all and will have to work for it. Using the faber fight as a measuring stick is laughable considering Faber is 5-6yrs out of anything resembling his prime.

Cause Yan is an absolute killer. Just rewatched the Faber fight and I couldn't find a damn weakness, dude is just solid and has a ton of momentum and confidence right now.

I still think Aldo is a top 10 fighter, but I have a feeling this will be a massacre like Yan vs Faber, especially knowing that Aldo has completely forgotten how to throw a leg kick.

It's really too bad, Aldo at his best vs Yan would be fight of the year potential, but I fear it might be one sided.

Aldo is not Faber.

This fight is a toss up tbh

Aldo hasn't beaten a top 5 opponent in... 4 years? 5? 6?
Look at the losses though. Volk, Max, Conor, Moraes and some people feel he beat Moraes. Loss to a double champ, another champ, and another champ.

Back