Does Aldo have a realistic chance?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Cause Yan is an absolute killer. Just rewatched the Faber fight and I couldn't find a damn weakness, dude is just solid and has a ton of momentum and confidence right now.

I still think Aldo is a top 10 fighter, but I have a feeling this will be a massacre like Yan vs Faber, especially knowing that Aldo has completely forgotten how to throw a leg kick.

It's really too bad, Aldo at his best vs Yan would be fight of the year potential, but I fear it might be one sided.

I'm favoring Yan in this one, just based off Aldo having a ton of mma miles on him and fighting out of his natural weight class..

That said, if Aldo decides to bring back the leg kicks all theories go out the window..

For sure, Dana is dream !
But Yan won't be easy to beat.
Yan via TKO

I think Aldo has a chance, he has a lot of experience and obviously he's skilled. That being said I'm a huge fan of Yan, he looks well rounded and very hungry and determined. I hope he knocks out Aldo in the first and retires him. I'd love to see Yan knockout Cody Garbagebrant and that clown haired alien fuck goof omalley afterwards.

Aldo hasn't beaten a top 5 opponent in... 4 years? 5? 6?

Aldo is a can and Yan looks good. But don't forget, Favor is more of a can than Aldo.
When playing with a can, you look really pro. Like Sean Sugar.

Cause Yan is an absolute killer. Just rewatched the Faber fight and I couldn't find a damn weakness, dude is just solid and has a ton of momentum and confidence right now.

I still think Aldo is a top 10 fighter, but I have a feeling this will be a massacre like Yan vs Faber, especially knowing that Aldo has completely forgotten how to throw a leg kick.

It's really too bad, Aldo at his best vs Yan would be fight of the year potential, but I fear it might be one sided.

I think a pot of people are counting Aldo out, and that's a mistake in my opinion. Yan is, in fact, an absolute killer, for sure, and I'm a huge fan of both guys. This is a great, great fight, and I think this is a much better matchup than most people appear to believe. I think Aldo has some real good chances of winning this, although I do give the edge to Yan at this point. Super excited about this match! If Yan tries to rely to wrestling, Aldo is excellent at stuffing takedowns and making guys pay for failed takedown attempts...on the feet, he's had some great wins against very good, powerful strikers pretty recently, like Jeremy Stephens. I don't know, Aldo is a whole fucking lot to handle regardless of skillset or gameplan. He does struggle against rangier guys, but in this case both men are about the same length.

This is the one fight I'm most excited about on that entire fight card, which is mighty stacked. Awesome matchup with two excellent athletes. Woah!

Last edited:
Only underdog that stands a chance at 251 is most likely mr.blessed, if he actually isn't scared of engaging.. if he keeps point fighting, then he'll obviously lose again due to significant strike differential, and possibly a td or two by Alexander, cause we know he been working on a few new tricks at his take downs.

Back