Does 207 break the PPV record?

Rubberchin

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

This was the last update I read from Meltzer...

Here are a couple of actual PPV numbers from earlier this year. The first McGregor vs. Diaz fight in March did 1,317,000 buys, so McGregor’s claim that that fight broke the Lesnar vs. Mir record by 400,000 wasn’t even close. Jon Jones vs. Ovince Saint Preux ended up doing 322,000 buys. The Fabricio Werdum vs. Stipe Miocic fight from Brazil did 217,000 buys. UFC 200 ended up doing 1,009,000 buys, which is also well below the original estimates. We don’t have the final number on the 8/20 McGregor vs. Diaz rematch, although it did beat the first one and is the all-time record for the company.

It should be noted that 190 beat 189, and 193 actually beat 194.

Fuck no.

Brock returned after years off and only did 1m.

So much stuff hyped up 202, Conor vs UFC feud, Floyd, the bottles etc

Do any of you think this feels bigger than 205 did? That did 1.4.

Last edited:
No fucking way, a Friday night PPV? A lot of people will forget it's even on tonight, I'd be surprised if it hit 1M buys let alone 1.5 or whatever the actual record is

Fuck no.

They don't even have the figures for 202 and your bringing up 205

giphy.gif

No, I wouldn't even bother going to Bdubs before 10 tonight but I'm in Michigan at the moment and the Wolverines play at 8.

It might have, but Ronda decided throw away millions of dollars. Though the re-match with Holly. If she still had the belt, would likely have broken the record.

I'm still very perplexed by the thing.

My guess is around 1M ppv.

202 did 1.65, 205 reportedly did around 1.4.

I've different figures from different sources but the UFC doesn't release there numbers and it's just guess work.

The only think we know about 205 is that according to Dana it was the highest selling PPV of all time.

Which it's at 1.65+ buys.

Also it broke every other record as well so it's doesn't make sense that a card that had the highest gate, most watched prelims, most viewed on Fox, most watched on social media, did less numbers then the card before it, especially when the rest of the card was stacked as well.

Fuck no.

But he was away for so long people had lost a lot of interest in him. Ronda's been away for just over a year and her PPV numbers despite the events being in foreign countries and having relatively little build were getting huge. Plus, she's a more interesting person than Brock and there's a lot of intrigue about this fight.

Neither 190 or 193 were supposed to be as big as 189 or 194, but they were both bigger.

It might have, but Ronda decided throw away millions of dollars. Though the re-match with Holly. If she still had the belt, would likely have broken the record.

I'm still very perplexed by the thing.

My guess is around 1M ppv.

My guess as well, if not less, I remember the last time Ronda fought everybody was talking about it.

Nobody's talking about 207, I'm sure it would've been different if Ronda would talk to the media, but she's kept this card in the shadows.

I've different figures from different sources but the UFC doesn't release there numbers and it's just guess work.

The only think we know about 205 is that according to Dana it was the highest selling PPV of all time.

Which it's at 1.65+ buys.

Also it broke every other record as well so it's doesn't make sense that a card that had the highest gate, most watched prelims, most viewed on Fox, most watched on social media, did less numbers then the card before it, especially when the rest of the card was stacked as well.

Meltzer revised his numbers for UFC 100 and 196. 196 did just over 1.3 million and UFC 100 was a little less than that. Meltzer claims 202 is the biggest PPV of all time. 205 numbers not in yet.

There doesn't seem to be much buzz around this card and for ronda in general, also the majority of casuals i see commenting about her on social media dont like her anymore.

Also her vids and her name aren't getting massive hits on youtube, google, etc. (That could be telling but just a thought)

Back