Does 202 PPV suffer from lack of trash talk?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I don't think so but I have never heard Conor as humble as he was on the last press conference.

Maybe he will turn it up when it gets closer.

what else he can do? he can talk all the shit he want, Nate just doesn't give a fuck because he choked Connor just a couple of months ago and is not like Nate put a magic strategy,he fought in the same way he always does

connie can't talk shit anymore, and nate is stupid enough not to

I don't think so.

A little bit is fine, but his twitter melt down along with racial slurs & "I'm rich & your not" stuff was getting to be a bit much.

I'm tiring of some of the stuff he's said... but I don't abandon a fighter that easy... so I'm still a fan.
This new humble McGregor is a breath of fresh air.

I agree that there is less buzz than I expected.

Still, there's 12 days to go, and they weren't likely to start promoting it heavily in July given UFC 200 fatigue.

If the buzz hasn't picked up by the weekend, the UFC should worry.

I hope he's just saving up a wad to blow all at once, maybe throw hands or a shoe at the weigh in staredown or something. Get all up in Nate Diaz's face and use the word "Mexican" a lot. "Cholo" works for me too, I like his accent on the word "Cholo" it works really well.

He had to eat a big slice of humble pie after the first fight.....so difficult for him to continue with the trash talk now without looking a huge fool.

Probably best he keeps his mouth shut this time, does his talking in the ring.....if he wins I'm sure we won't be able to shut him up.

Still, there's 12 days to go, and they weren't likely to start promoting it heavily in July given UFC 200 fatigue.

There's also the fact that Conor's gimmick works when he wins. He's still a star even if he loses, but not a transcendent figure. He needs to win. I have no idea what will happen in the bout.

The fight it self does the talking already since the last one. No one needs to trash talk their way into making money for the second fight since they will be getting it already. Conor doesn't have anything for Nate and Nate is just Nate as usual. You can see how much respect Conor has for Nate and vice versa with Nate. Lets see who is more focus going into this fight.

i don't think conor can say much given the last outcome, and if history repeats after he talks smack people are going to think he's just a good fighter with a big mouth. besides, anything conor says will be useless once diaz says, 11 days notice, partying in cabo, got sick from the water, and panic wrestler.

The problem with the press conference is there was no point saying anything as nobody could hear a thing. If I were them, I would scheduled another one.

I don't think so but I have never heard Conor as humble as he was on the last press conference.

Maybe he will turn it up when it gets closer.
when was he being humble? pretty sure I heard the same old Conor

You clearly haven't been keeping up with Sports TV/Media. Or the statistics that flat out show this is the most anticipated event of all time.

Conor got slapped, beat up and submitted all inside 8-9 minutes in his last fight against Nate, what is he going to say?

Nate beat him, hard to talk smack when you got choked out, but i will tell you this, if conor somehow wins, the trash talk and hype will resume to an even bigger level

He's humble around the guy who humbled him. He hasn't changed much.

Back