Dodson x Petr Yan should be the co-main event

Iron Skin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's the only fight i care about tomorrow besides Marreta x Blachowsk.

Petr Yan is a future BW champ. He'll do the impossible tomorrow, actually make a Dodson fight exciting..
<{outtahere}>

Why would "the only fight I care about" be the co-main event?

Entitled much?

Petr Yan is a future BW champ. He'll do the impossible tomorrow, actually make a Dodson fight exciting..
<{outtahere}>

If Lineker can't make Dodson exciting then Yan sure as fuck can't. Dodson is only exciting if he gets a KO, which hasn't happened in years. They should start feeding him lower tier guys, only way to make him exciting.

It’s one of the better matchups but Dodson is almost an anti-fighter when he goes up against hitters, except maybe the Linekar fight.

If he is constantly circling away, throwing feints but not engaging, could make for a real lackluster fight through no fault of Yan.

After/if Yan wins he should get an action fighter in the top 10, but those guys are all stuck in fights. Could face either Assuncao or Rivera coming off losses I guess, but would much rather see him face loser of Pedro or Cody (though I know UFC loves winner against winner fights Aljo has dibs on the winner and Moraes is sitting out for TJ).

Moraes vs Yan would be a dream fight, likely future title fight between guys that throw with power and combination in the pocket.

Keep Dodson on the prelims

I’d rather watch flys fuck

The matchmakers have seen Dodson's recent fights and smartly decided to not put him in a co-main.

What good unknown guys are on this card to warrant waking up early to watch prelims on ESPN TV?

It’s one of the better matchups but Dodson is almost an anti-fighter when he goes up against hitters, except maybe the Linekar fight.

If he is constantly circling away, throwing feints but not engaging, could make for a real lackluster fight through no fault of Yan.

After/if Yan wins he should get an action fighter in the top 10, but those guys are all stuck in fights. Could face either Assuncao or Rivera coming off losses I guess, but would much rather see him face loser of Pedro or Cody (though I know UFC loves winner against winner fights Aljo has dibs on the winner and Moraes is sitting out for TJ).

Moraes vs Yan would be a dream fight, likely future title fight between guys that throw with power and combination in the pocket.

Except Yan is not one hitter. Yan is a master of sport in boxing and was at one point in time candidate for Russian boxing olympic team, but didn't make it because of an injury. Russian/Soviet boxing school is no joke and is one of the best in the world. So this guy is probably the best or one of the best boxers in MMA. He ,unlike most MMA guys who throw 1-2 hit combos, throws 3-4 hit combos which is why he is super effective. He spent his early MMA career in ACB fighting top level wrestlers from Dagestan and Chechnya and even spent some time in Dagestan to work on his wrestling game which is why he has great TD-defence and the last fight showed us that he has become a better wrestler as well.

So I see this as win for Yan. The question for me is if he can finish Dodson.

Except Yan is not one hitter. Yan is a master of sport in boxing and was at one point in time candidate for Russian boxing olympic team, but didn't make it because of an injury. Russian/Soviet boxing school is no joke and is one of the best in the world. So this guy is probably the best or one of the best boxers in MMA. He ,unlike most MMA guys who throw 1-2 hit combos, throws 3-4 hit combos which is why he is super effective. He spent his early MMA career in ACB fighting top level wrestlers from Dagestan and Chechnya and even spent some time in Dagestan to work on his wrestling game which is why he has great TD-defence and the last fight showed us that he has become a better wrestler as well.

So I see this as win for Yan. The question for me is if he can finish Dodson.

I’m picking Yan to win and I agree with your prediction and assessment of his skills - as noted prior I see him as a future BW challenger.

My point about Dodson is that he won’t get into unnecessary exchanges and has the cardio and movement to avoid engaging unless it’s on his terms usually. He’s not as fast as he used to be but he still is very quick and hits hard so Yan can’t just blitz him, so it’s an interesting style test for him. It could make for a very frustrating fight depending on Dodson’s approach.

I’m picking Yan to win and I agree with your prediction and assessment of his skills - as noted prior I see him as a future BW challenger.

My point about Dodson is that he won’t get into unnecessary exchanges and has the cardio and movement to avoid engaging unless it’s on his terms usually. He’s not as fast as he used to be but he still is very quick and hits hard so Yan can’t just blitz him, so it’s an interesting style test for him. It could make for a very frustrating fight depending on Dodson’s approach.

Missread your post at first, don't know where I got "one hitter" from.

I saw the at the weigh ins and Dodson is a very tiny dude. The reach advantage must be huge. Yan will low-kick him in the head :D.

Dodson should be fighting in the regional circuit for the amount of stinkers he has put lately. Most boring fighter in the UFC.

I hope Yan knocks the stupid smile off his face.

Back