Dodson vs Rivera is on 228 and no one is talking about it

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This is easily a main card fight/fox sports headliner, with 2 top 5ish fighters at 135lbs that most people enjoy watching, yet no one is talking about it. Come on people!

This is a great stylistic matchup between a calculated wrestle boxer and probably the most athletic guy at 135lbs.

I think this fight will be very technical and interesting to watch.
Dodson fights in bursts with quick combos, using his speed and power to owerwhelm guys.
rD6z9eP.gif

tumblr_ooufcjleFx1rofocqo1_500.gif

He is very precise with all his punches and high kicks.
DJ_Dodson_1_ctjshqdq_b0uo80kg.gif

Rivera is much slower than Dodson so I'd expect him to fight using volume and aggression to confuse Dodson.
He also could use his wrestling to stall Dodson(who has great TDD himself)
Jimmie_Rivera_vs_Brian_Kelleher_medium.gif

Rivera doesn't have the best chin and Dodsons chin is godly.
RelievedScientificDartfrog-size_restricted.gif

echange-with-dodson-lets-him-off-the-cage.gif

I honestly see either a Dodson KO or a close decision win for Rivera.

I feel like Dodson has lost more than a step. At some point the chin goes. Rivera may find it.

But I really can’t stand Jimmie’s wife. She’s an annoying loud mouth on Twitter. So I’m generally hoping to see him get stomped out.

This one is basically a toss up for me, though I lean Rivera.

Dodson tried out free agency but took the UFC's offer almost immediately after realizing nobody else wanted him.

That's how unpopular Dodson is. Dude has 6 decisions in his last 7 fights and half of them were split decisions. With all this hype about his speed he can't put away people worth shit. Nobody cares about him and he's so fucking small you can barely see him in the cage. Trying to follow him in a fight is like trying to follow the puck in a hockey game.

Both guys have extremely unappealing styles, with nearly zero threat of finishing their opponents.

Both guys have extremely unappealing styles, with nearly zero threat of finishing their opponents.

This . Dodson used to be exciting, a long time ago. Jimmie, don't remember anything he did before getting KO'd

That’s because no one cares about either of them

Lmao at main card fight. Wow. That’s how low people’s standards are now. You guys are getting way to complacent with the UFC’s shit product.

That’s because no one cares about either of them

Lmao at main card fight. Wow. That’s how low people’s standards are now. You guys are getting way to complacent with the UFC’s shit product.
Wow you're mean. I'm just saying UFC would probably put on a main event like this. Not saying I want it.
tenor.gif

Hopefully Rivera rebounds from his loss, puts on a memorable performance, and gives us the new blood we need at top of BW. It’s time someone other than Dom/Cody/TJ fought for the belt.

No doubt Jimmie Rivera would be much more popular if 15 of his 21 wins weren’t decisions. He has finished anybody in well over 3 years.

Probably because the two of them combined still weigh less than DC...

Sheratards are too busy playing keyboard psychologists over the lack of mind games from Mcgregor and hating on WMMA to pay any attention to this. Also something something manlets.

Dodson we got Dodson here! See nobody cares.
R_vXH6.gif

He's been boring as crap lately. Scared to commit.

Definitely one to watch on 228, got Rivera here...

It should be on the main card instead of the women's pillow fights.

I just checked and they moved the Niko Price fight up to the PPV and one of the WMMA fights down to the prelims. I still think they should have moved Rivera/Dodson to the main card.

Back