Documentary on the effectiveness of BJJ

think I've seen this before

how old is this? was that girl at the end kyra?

Propaganda! Everyone knows that BJJ is the most inferior grappling art and has only worked on unskilled representatives of other arts. The Gracies are frauds and you should never pull guard in a street fight.

There everyone, I've spared you the effort so you don't have to rehash the points I've just made.

Thanks for the post, I've never seen this.

The host is so annoying. The first line is "BJJ is like jazz, because you never see the same move twice".

What the hell, I mean, the comparison isn't that bad, but you can't say you never see the same move twice. You see repeat moves all the time, its the improvised moves that are more rare.

Thats it, I'm sorry, but I can't watch this. "Count Maeda brought Jujitsu to Brazil". Ok, I can let that pass. "He taught this secret art to Carlos Gracie".

Secret art. Secret fucking art. It was judo that they were learning, for one thing. But more importantly this was purposely being spread across the world! Thats why Maeda was there in the first place! He travelled all over the world showing off and spreading this "secret art".

The host is so annoying. The first line is "BJJ is like jazz, because you never see the same move twice".

What the hell, I mean, the comparison isn't that bad, but you can't say you never see the same move twice. You see repeat moves all the time, its the improvised moves that are more rare.

Thats it, I'm sorry, but I can't watch this. "Count Maeda brought Jujitsu to Brazil". Ok, I can let that pass. "He taught this secret art to Carlos Gracie".

Secret art. Secret fucking art. It was judo that they were learning, for one thing. But more importantly this was purposely being spread across the world! Thats why Maeda was there in the first place! He traveled all over the world showing off and spreading this "secret art"! This isn't a documentary its... well it is BJJ propaganda. They should at least do a bit of research into what they're talking about.

[Tycho?];44724329 said:

Secret art. Secret fucking art. It was judo that they were learning, for one thing. But more importantly this was purposely being spread across the world! Thats why Maeda was there in the first place! He travelled all over the world showing off and spreading this "secret art".

More Gracie propaganda. I wonder if the host would have been told the same nonsense if he had interviewed someone from Carlos' lineage.

More Gracie propaganda. I wonder if the host would have been told the same nonsense if he had interviewed someone from Carlos' lineage.

Switch "Helio" with "Carlos" and yes you probably would have heard mostly the same stuff.

Switch "Helio" with "Carlos" and yes you probably would have heard mostly the same stuff.

You're right. I just read the BJJ History page on the Gracie Barra homepage and there's the usual drivel about Maeda having a base in a "self-defense" and "real life combat" oriented ryu of JJ before joining the Kodokan.

Dammit.

Where is your sarcasm detector???

sarcasm_detector.jpg

EDIT: LMFAO!!

down-arrow.jpg

Yea, because BJJ is all about guard and includes no top game.

moron

Yeah BJJ is all about guard.

Pulling guard is like the best thing you can do against a gun in the street. I like to pull open guard immediately and then shrimp away right when the guy pulls the trigger. Then the bullet ricochets off the concrete (this only works on the street obviously) and bounces right back at my attacker, instantly killing him.

Back