Social Doctor drops disturbing information to congress in regards to second trimester abortion

To many people, it isn't a human life until it's formed to a certain point, or until it can survive and live on its own.

I know people think this I just don't see any rationality there at all. There is no scientific information that points to it not being a human life. If it is living and has human DNA how could it not be considered a human life?

You can't murder something that isn't alive

I'm not interested in an insult war like you two are in but I would like to civilly disagree with this point. I don't see how the fetus could be considered not alive, especially the second trimester one described in the video.

Lol. Watch the warroom scientists avoid this thread like Jenny McCarthy avoids vaccines.

BUT THEY'RE JUST CELLS.

That sounds exactly like surgery.

Do I really need to be more specific here? Ripping apart an infant so that it dies is the furthest thing from a "surgery". Surgery is used to investigate or treat conditions such as injuries or diseases. It's meant to improve your bodily condition, not rip it apart until you are dead. Good grief.

30 to 40% of all pregnancies are spontaneously aborted. That must make God the world's leading baby killer.

30 to 40% of all pregnancies are spontaneously aborted. That must make God the world's leading baby killer.

Blaming god for every bad thing is childish.

Saying those 30% to 40% of "spontaneous abortions" are baby killing does not help your argument at all.

Yeah, if the video changed your mind about abortion, you are ruled by your emotions.

So fetuses 6 months in are getting to be a decent size and removing them is messy. And? Was anyone seriously 'pro choice' contigent on abortions being less messy?

Yeah, if the video changed your mind about abortion, you are ruled by your emotions.

So fetuses 6 months in are getting to be a decent size and removing them is messy. And? Was anyone seriously 'pro choice' contigent on abortions being less messy?

Messy? As in disturbing and disgusting?

The video does a few things IMO. It has a doctor verifying what's done and what it's like. The doctor verifies that in second trimester abortions they are cutting a part and pulling out pieces of a body that does in fact look like a body. It's an abortion doctor giving a clear picture of what this looks like and giving the argument that it is killing a living person. Not to mention it's a former abortion doctor who apparently regrets doing what he did because at the very least these second trimester abortions should not be legal.

Having an emotional reaction to human death is natural and is not a bad thing in moral issues. Also isn't the usual pro choice argument emotional? "You can't tell women what to do with their bodies". That's pure emotion that casts aside all rational arguments just because they don't want anyone dictating that they can't kill their unborn child if they don't want to be pregnant anymore.

Also isn't the usual pro choice argument emotional? "You can't tell women what to do with their bodies". That's pure emotion that casts aside all rational arguments just because they don't want anyone dictating that they can't kill their unborn child if they don't want to be pregnant anymore.

Incorrect. "A woman's right to individual bodily sovereignty trumps any rights that one may wish to argue are held by a dependent, insentient fetus" is not an emotional argument.

Messy? As in disturbing and disgusting?

The video does a few things IMO. It has a doctor verifying what's done and what it's like. The doctor verifies that in second trimester abortions they are cutting a part and pulling out pieces of a body that does in fact look like a body. It's an abortion doctor giving a clear picture of what this looks like and giving the argument that it is killing a living person. Not to mention it's a former abortion doctor who apparently regrets doing what he did because at the very least these second trimester abortions should not be legal.

Having an emotional reaction to human death is natural and is not a bad thing in moral issues. Also isn't the usual pro choice argument emotional? "You can't tell women what to do with their bodies". That's pure emotion that casts aside all rational arguments just because they don't want anyone dictating that they can't kill their unborn child if they don't want to be pregnant anymore.

Watch someone get breast implants. It's pretty disgusting and disturbing.

You're trash. Wanna watch an Isis beheading video just for fun?

Wow. Breast implants are now comparable to destroying a human being.
That's just it. If abortion is wrong, it shouldn't be because it is messy and the fetus has to be removed in pieces.

It should be because something like the fetus has rights that trump the mother's, or because we find out it is conscious and can suffer, etc.

So if you argument against abortion can apply to breast implants, it is a shitty argument.
You're trash. Wanna watch an Isis beheading video just for fun?
Are you suggesting I watch abortion videos for fun? You are kinda fucking up at this whole 'making sense' thing.

That's just it. If abortion is wrong, it shouldn't be because it is messy and the fetus has to be removed in pieces.

It should be because something like the fetus has rights that trump the mother's, or because we find out it is conscious and can suffer, etc.

So if you argument against abortion can apply to breast implants, it is a shitty argument.

Are you suggesting I watch abortion videos for fun? You are kinda fucking up at this whole 'making sense' thing.

I have no words for how fucking retarded you are.

Trying to not only make abortion acceptable, but actually normalize it and make it seem like 'no big deal'

I'm pretty sure you and everyone that knows you is trash.

Incorrect. "A woman's right to individual bodily sovereignty trumps any rights that one may wish to argue are held by a dependent, insentient fetus" is not an emotional argument.

It's definitely emotional as it doesn't make a lick of sense. It's basically a "You can't tell me what to do" response and it's not based on any kind of rationality. There are NUMEROUS examples of stuff you legally can't do with your body. The pro choice crowd made up this "individual bodily sovereignty" nonsense in an attempt to say whatever they possibly can to argue for abortion rights. Just because an issue includes your body doesn't mean you automatically get to do whatever you want. That is absurd and mind numbingly stupid. Then there's the fact you somehow get to completely ignore the "bodily sovereignty" of the child you are killing. Somehow they get no rights at all. I'm all for intelligent debate but seriously I would say at least 90% of all the pro choice arguments I hear are absolute garbage. Stuff I would expect to hear from junior high school kids. Stuff like "It's just a bundle of cells" or "it's not human or alive".

The sentient argument is something to at least ponder but I find it very weak. For one all human beings are sentient so if you kill a human being at any stage you are killing a sentient creature. If I shoot a pregnant lady I am killing TWO people. That baby no longer has a life to live and I would be charged accordingly for that crime.

Sentient simply means that ability to perceive or feel so any abortion that takes place in the second trimester is killing a human being that is currently sentient.

Watch someone get breast implants. It's pretty disgusting and disturbing.

Yeah because that is so much likely cutting up a baby........no.

Messy is a stupid word to describe a second trimester abortion.

Wtf2008....Do you even have kids....Abortion isnt that big of a deal tbh,my wife and i decided to have one when we were in are early 20s.

Dont understand why people think they should have the option to decide what other ppl can or cant do with there bodies...

Obviously im pro choice and participated in a abortion around 25 weeks hacked it up like chop suey....someone got some mad stem cells from that featus,it was huge

Back