1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Doctor: Conor McGregor suffered mild traumatic brain injury in TKO loss to Floyd Mayweather

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by clownin, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Satan's Daddy.

Satan's Daddy. White Belt

2. Oogie Sharp

Oogie Sharp Red Belt

I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make. Joe Schlub is not Khabib (an athletic peer of Floyd's with world fame and a lot on the line). If he fought Floyd under the same disadvantages, then yes he would be brave too. Comparing those athletes to Joe Schlub big mouth anonymous, sitting behind his computer, talking shit about "yeh I'd fight Floyd for 30 million" as an excuse to denigrate Conner (or any other Athlete like Khabib) is apples to oranges. To say Conner or any other athlete like Khabib is NOT brave for going in there because I (anonymous non-athlete Joe Schlub) would do it too for 30million.

3. kflo

kflo Steel Belt

That’s not true. Going night night is generally more damaging to the brain. Conor didn’t get too badly concussed against Floyd. He didn’t take much punishment in many rounds.

4. Weidman

Weidman Still my booooy!

This second.

5. FlowchartRog

FlowchartRog Purple Belt

You're an embarrassment and should probably stop watching and talking about combat sports. Floyd has 27 TKOs, Conor was not his only TKO, but his 27th.

6. mxer31

mxer31 Green Belt

boxing gloves rattle your brain. MMA gloves put you to sleep. thats the problem. nothing to do with a comparison in power

7. Torrid

Torrid Cunning Linguist

It's been said, but worth reiterating that any knockout loss is most likely going to cause brain injury... that's what happens when you're repeatedly struck in the head and it's why your body wants to go prone.

This is unsurprising. Maybe it's a fact that many people take for granted, so I hope it's sobering to them. Still, it's a great example of ominous nomenclature being used to report the mundane.

8. RampageFaction

RampageFaction Brown Belt

That’s a myth/fake news. Lots of informed people have said Floyd is not pillowfisted. Among his previous opponents who said said as much were manfredy, Moseley, and Maidana. Manfredy and Moseley said he had “good” power and Maidana said his power was “decent.” No one, including Floyd, has ever claimed he has one punch KO power. But the pillowfist label is absolute garbage.

https://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/6862-floyd-mayweather-has-good-power-insists-previous-opponent

Tony Bellew even went as far as saying Mayweather would have the power advantage over Conor going into their match. I’m not sure I agree 100% with that but he supported his claim by referencing Rampage training in Liverpool against a pro boxer Tony Quigley. Rampage said Quigley was the hardest puncher he’d ever faced yet Quigley is known as a “talented boxer” but not, necessarily, a hard puncher.

Toss all of that out the window and just go by what you see. All Mayweather fights followed the same basic pattern.
    Challenger saying “I’m gonna knock him out.”
    Fight starts and they come out aggressive, eat a couple of counters and then shell up the rest of the fight. If he had pillowfists, why the hesitation?

9. hedidhisownstunts

hedidhisownstunts ThE oNe TrUe AnALyZeR

10. robertcop2

robertcop2 I’ll be back.

11. Only Here for Attachments

Only Here for Attachments Free from yellow thanks to my state's congress

Notice the uptick in violent, impulsive behavior after this fight? 'Tis no coincidence

12. mb2621

mb2621 Blue Belt

Kenny Bayless criticized the fight the week beforehand and turned down the chance to referee.

13. Fight Professor

Fight Professor Gold Belt

30 mln. What a laughable number? Add the PPV share money and you have 100 mln.

14. Philtard

Philtard Red Belt

Mild trauma

Seems like a strange combination of words to me.

15. franklinstower

franklinstower Black Belt

I cannot stand Conor and loved Floyd beating him but no way did Floyd intend to take the shots he did in that fight. Conor surprised Floyds with his abilities. I mean they were still crap in comparison but I don't think everyone is being honest about this.

16. UL

UL no more yellows

Lmao

Conor was the bum in the deal

He was used and abused

17. CPH

CPH Let's party

The good doctor is failing to acknowledge the B- Level athlete part of the equation.

18. Hirashin

Hirashin No for gay Jesus

You can't beat what you can't hit

RampageFaction likes this.
  19. rollinguillotin

rollinguillotin Orange Belt

source?

20. clownin

clownin Orange Belt