Doctor: Conor McGregor suffered mild traumatic brain injury in TKO loss to Floyd Mayweather

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/9/1/1...ic-brain-injury-tko-loss-floyd-mayweather-mma

Would you trade mild brain injury for $100m?

tenor.gif

I would trade away my penis for 100m

Really? Khabib or anyone else in the UFC would not be "brave" enough to step inside a ring with Floyd for $30 million? The only reason you wouldn't do it is if you're a boxer and think you will lose and you are already making as much or more padding your record fighting bums. That is, a loss would lower your stock.

I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make. Joe Schlub is not Khabib (an athletic peer of Floyd's with world fame and a lot on the line). If he fought Floyd under the same disadvantages, then yes he would be brave too. Comparing those athletes to Joe Schlub big mouth anonymous, sitting behind his computer, talking shit about "yeh I'd fight Floyd for 30 million" as an excuse to denigrate Conner (or any other Athlete like Khabib) is apples to oranges. To say Conner or any other athlete like Khabib is NOT brave for going in there because I (anonymous non-athlete Joe Schlub) would do it too for 30million.

<YeahOKJen>

No exaggeration - better to have a quick ko then take 10rds of punishment when your an unskilled buffoon who somehow got people to believe that have shot of beating an all time great.
That’s not true. Going night night is generally more damaging to the brain. Conor didn’t get too badly concussed against Floyd. He didn’t take much punishment in many rounds.

Floyd is a pillowfist fighter, Conor is his only tko victory, cause conor is not even a boxer.
I'd fight Floyd for 5 million.

You're an embarrassment and should probably stop watching and talking about combat sports. Floyd has 27 TKOs, Conor was not his only TKO, but his 27th.

Floyd's punches didn't look that hard to me.

Makes you think how damaged are brains of average boxers who get hit a lot more and much harder on a regular basis.
boxing gloves rattle your brain. MMA gloves put you to sleep. thats the problem. nothing to do with a comparison in power

It's been said, but worth reiterating that any knockout loss is most likely going to cause brain injury... that's what happens when you're repeatedly struck in the head and it's why your body wants to go prone.

This is unsurprising. Maybe it's a fact that many people take for granted, so I hope it's sobering to them. Still, it's a great example of ominous nomenclature being used to report the mundane.

Floyd is a pillowfist fighter, Conor is his only tko victory, cause conor is not even a boxer.
I'd fight Floyd for 5 million.
That’s a myth/fake news. Lots of informed people have said Floyd is not pillowfisted. Among his previous opponents who said said as much were manfredy, Moseley, and Maidana. Manfredy and Moseley said he had “good” power and Maidana said his power was “decent.” No one, including Floyd, has ever claimed he has one punch KO power. But the pillowfist label is absolute garbage.

https://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/6862-floyd-mayweather-has-good-power-insists-previous-opponent

Tony Bellew even went as far as saying Mayweather would have the power advantage over Conor going into their match. I’m not sure I agree 100% with that but he supported his claim by referencing Rampage training in Liverpool against a pro boxer Tony Quigley. Rampage said Quigley was the hardest puncher he’d ever faced yet Quigley is known as a “talented boxer” but not, necessarily, a hard puncher.

Toss all of that out the window and just go by what you see. All Mayweather fights followed the same basic pattern.
Challenger saying “I’m gonna knock him out.”
Fight starts and they come out aggressive, eat a couple of counters and then shell up the rest of the fight. If he had pillowfists, why the hesitation?

Notice the uptick in violent, impulsive behavior after this fight? 'Tis no coincidence

That fight should never have happened - how in the fuck they justified having a Bum box and all time great is beyond me.

Money talks I guess.

Kenny Bayless criticized the fight the week beforehand and turned down the chance to referee.

Mild trauma

Seems like a strange combination of words to me.

I cannot stand Conor and loved Floyd beating him but no way did Floyd intend to take the shots he did in that fight. Conor surprised Floyds with his abilities. I mean they were still crap in comparison but I don't think everyone is being honest about this.

Fatigue may cause sluggish and slow movements, but does not cause the imbalance and poor coordination exhibited by McGregor in the 10th round.

The good doctor is failing to acknowledge the B- Level athlete part of the equation.

That’s a myth/fake news. Lots of informed people have said Floyd is not pillowfisted. Among his previous opponents who said said as much were manfredy, Moseley, and Maidana. Manfredy and Moseley said he had “good” power and Maidana said his power was “decent.” No one, including Floyd, has ever claimed he has one punch KO power. But the pillowfist label is absolute garbage.

https://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/6862-floyd-mayweather-has-good-power-insists-previous-opponent

Tony Bellew even went as far as saying Mayweather would have the power advantage over Conor going into their match. I’m not sure I agree 100% with that but he supported his claim by referencing Rampage training in Liverpool against a pro boxer Tony Quigley. Rampage said Quigley was the hardest puncher he’d ever faced yet Quigley is known as a “talented boxer” but not, necessarily, a hard puncher.

Toss all of that out the window and just go by what you see. All Mayweather fights followed the same basic pattern.
Challenger saying “I’m gonna knock him out.”
Fight starts and they come out aggressive, eat a couple of counters and then shell up the rest of the fight. If he had pillowfists, why the hesitation?

You can't beat what you can't hit

Back