News Doc featured in Netflix’s ‘Pandemic’ claims to have found COVID-19 cure

Arthur Morgan

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
A California doctor featured in the Netflix documentary Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak claims to have found a potential cure for COVID-19.

Dr. Jacob Glanville, operator of San Francisco-based Distributed Bio, said in a tweet that he and his team have “generated extremely potent picomolar antibodies” that are “blocking the novel coronavirus from infecting human cells.”

Read the whole story here:
https://calgaryherald.com/news/worl...ure/wcm/fc1c96f1-1909-44d5-946a-fa4dff0b685c/

This is not a vaccine, but a very potent anti body that lasts in the body for 8-10 week.

Great stuff. Anything the government sends my way I'll take with open arms.

Can't wait.

"Jacob Glanville is an entrepreneur, inventor and computational immuno-engineer. He developed the core business model, the research teams, and the technologies that enabled Distributed Bio to become profitable without investment. He has developed multiple seminal methods in the fields of high-throughput antibody repertoire sequencing (PNAS 2009), repertoire decoding algorithms (Nature 2017), single-cell TCR receptor & phenotype sequencing (Nature Biotech, 2014), deconstructing genetic variation in the adaptive immune system (Nature Communications 2015, Nature Reports 2016, PNAS 2011, TI 2017), and computationally guided antibody library engineering (JMB 2011, JMB 2013, COSB 2015) that have enabled Distributed Bio to deliver therapeutic lead antibodies to over 50 programs across the pharmaceutical industry. He is the inventor of the Centivax universal vaccine technology for influenza, HIV, and other rapidly mutating pathogens."

https://www.distributedbio.com/jacob

Any time I read that a doctor is an entrepreneur it makes me raise an eyebrow when they say they have a miracle cure. It suggests the doctor is even more concerned with the profit motive than other doctors and concerns me that they're hyping a product rather than recommending a medicine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back