Do you wish people Merry Christmas?

Nnedd

Centaur Booty Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Strangers. Not around the house or your family.

At the store, at the park, at work, at the gym, etc.

People wish it to me all the time and I think it's nice and I appreciate the sentiment. I think it's very nice and it doesn't bother me.

I don't wish it to other people because it feels rude and presumptuous. I don't really celebrate Christmas, and I don't assume that others do.

How about you guys? Do you wish other people Merry Christmas if you don't really know them?

Not at all. In fact, when strangers try to talk to me I usually just look at the ground and keep walking.

Of course I do.

If someone gets upset that someone took the time to extend a pleasantry to them then they are a shitty person and I hope my Merry Christmas ruined their day.

I assume everyone is like me. But I only wish pretty girls Merry X-Mas. It makes them smile and creeps them out probably. Fucking sluts.

I forget it's christmas time at moments because I've been more concerned with school, we have no christmas decorations in my apartment, and I tend not to like holidays.

Yes, I'm not a psycho.

There's been that discussion whether to use Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays ... honestly, the only people I've ever heard had a problem were the pro-Merry Christmas people who felt obligated to say "Happy Holidays." I never run into anyone who corrects me when I wish them a Merry Christmas. Who are these people so upset about what they think they can and cannot say? And do they need an ice cream cone?

Nope. If they say it first, I'll say "you, too", but that's as far as it goes.

It's almost 2013 bro...

Just pretend like you are texting like everyone else

I usually do that so I don't have to make eye contact with anyone. But every once in a while, by freak occurrence, I leave my phone at home and I'm forced to awkwardly semi-interact with the public.

Only do it to women, not men. It's not because I'm trying chat them up, I'm just friendly.

The reason I don't do it to men is because you never know with men, they could start a fight with you! ...looks can be deceiving too.

WTF ever happened to Kwanza (sp)?

I remember them trying to make that a big deal when I was in school but I never hear about it anymore.

Happy Holidays I do say but not Merry Christmas. I said Happy Holidays to one person a few days ago and they went berserk on me. Told me that I am a heathen and that its CHRISTMAS TIME so you should say Merry Christmas and not this PC Happy Holidays BS. You must be an atheist. I will be praying for you.

I just smiled, turned around and walked away

Yeah. I'm not a religion-pusher, I just like the holiday season, but for some reason it feels goofy saying "Happy Holidays". I think it's the double-h's. Sometimes I might just say have a good holiday. Either way, I end it with a Stockton Slap.

I said Happy Holidays to one person a few days ago and they went berserk on me. Told me that I am a heathen and that its CHRISTMAS TIME so you should say Merry Christmas and not this PC Happy Holidays BS. You must be an atheist. I will be praying for you.
french-double-ice-cream-cone.jpg

Yes, I'm not a psycho.

There's been that discussion whether to use Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays ... honestly, the only people I've ever heard had a problem were the pro-Merry Christmas people who felt obligated to say "Happy Holidays." I never run into anyone who corrects me when I wish them a Merry Christmas. Who are these people so upset about what they think they can and cannot say? And do they need an ice cream cone?

I don't know. I think they're out there.

As I said in the OP, I appreciate it everytime some one wishes it to me, and I don't consider myself a person who celebrates Christmas. I buy three presents and spend time with family, but I'm not a Christian.

I don't have a problem with it at all, but I don't do it. It seems assumptive. I understand it's just a well wishing, so I like it when it happens to me. But it seems to me parallel to saying "Go Obama!" or "Go Niners!" or "NRA be with you!".

Yes, I understand that I am crazy.

I always say "Happy Holidays!".

I wouldn't care either way, but I don't want anyone else to take it as offense when I say it so I use Holidays instead of Christmas. And I've said it about 200 times today at work.

Im Irish so I believe that people are entitled to have any kind of christmas they want, not up to me to decide.

I say it to the checker at the store, the waitress last night. I'm not religious but I celebrate Christmas and probably 90% of the people I'm saying it to also celebrate Christmas. The other 10% probably don't get mad at hearing it anyways.

Back