Do you wash raw chicken?

JustAkidFrom209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I’m kind of a retard and don’t know how to cook good and decided to make some chicken breast. I rinsed it thoroughly and then marinated it and now it’s sitting in my fridge.

But then realized that the recipe says you should not wash raw chicken like never cause it contaminates the whole kitchen and I’m just not sure wtf should I do now.

Do y’all also wash your chicken?

No. I don't think it would really do anything to it though except contaminate the rest of your kitchen like you said.

Yeah I heard people did this but it is dumb because like you said it will just spread that terrible bacteria around your sink/kitchen.

You're cooking it anyway, no bacteria will survive that shit as long as you're not eating undercooked chicken

I don’t wash my chicken, And while it could contaminate the area around where you washed it, hopefully that’s the sink, the whole kitchen won’t be a mess because of it. The chicken is fine to cook, wipe down the sink and close surrounding countertops and you’ll be fine.

I don't wash chicken, but sometimes I brine it.

What should you do? Wash your kitchen with a disinfectant and go about your life.

how does it contaminate anything if you wash it? Id imagine it goes down the drain and then you might as well wash the sink. Thats some weird logic.
I usually dont wash it, sometimes I do tho.
Germy spores. Similar to flushing the toilet.

There's absolutely no need to wash chicken.

So I’m kind of a retard and don’t know how to cook good and decided to make some chicken breast. I rinsed it thoroughly and then marinated it and now it’s sitting in my fridge.

But then realized that the recipe says you should not wash raw chicken like never cause it contaminates the whole kitchen and I’m just not sure wtf should I do now.

Do y’all also wash your chicken?
If you only have the breasts, how can you contaminate the whole chicken?

No. At worst i may pat dry after taking it out of package.

I do however trim my meats as needed (former butcher apprentice).

Cooking is a simple art really, if you have good cuts/thicknesses, and take care of it prior, seasoning while important becomes easier for cooking and for time management. Last thing you want is a dry bird.

Chef friend says to never wash raw food b/c all you do is spread the bacteria to even a larger surface.

Just cook it.

Yes then vinegar the shit out of the kitchen.

Worked at a small food store, after that I get the wife to wash and clean it all lol.

Potentially harmful Bacteria or Bleach in your system.

I don’t wash my chicken, And while it could contaminate the area around where you washed it, hopefully that’s the sink, the whole kitchen won’t be a mess because of it. The chicken is fine to cook, wipe down the sink and close surrounding countertops and you’ll be fine.
Wiping everything down adds to the contamination unless you're using a strong disinfectant lol

Just burn down the house and start over again.
I dont wash chicken usually but if you do dont do it in the kitchen.
Throw it in the washing machine on the delicate cycle then tumble dry on low heat.

No.

In the UK it's a common thing amongst afro-caribbean people. I guess it makes sense if you're living in a hot country and bought the chicken from an unrefrigerated market stall with flys landing on it.

No so much if it's already been cleaned and packaged in a protective atmosphere.

No.

In the UK it's a common thing amongst afro-caribbean people. I guess it makes sense if you're living in a hot country and bought the chicken from an unrefrigerated market stall with flys landing on it.

No so much if it's already been cleaned and packaged in a protective atmosphere.

It doesn't even make sense then and even the paltry amount of lemon juice they add, is a complete waste.

What's even more crazy is the fact they nuke the meat anyway.

I like to use a Dove body wash on my chicken. The pomegranate scent really adds a level of flavor to the chicken you can’t get anywhere else.

Back