Do you want to see group fighting in the UFC?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The whole Dagestan vs SBG brawls and scuffles got me wondering if you guys would be open to see group fights in the UFC?

You can have AKA vs ATT or just have one group of fighters vs another group of fighters who all have beef with each other can settle it in one arena.

Before you mention freak fights, they had CM Punk in the UFC and so at this point, its not a legitimate sport but rather an opportunity. I like the team vs team fight provided that the numbers and size is even.

I scuffed at first but even to this very day, Conor and Khabib are not cool. Dustin and Conor are having issues and their teams are involved. Due to so many fighters in the UFC, I think it is best to move in to team format.

Strikeforce used to do this. Scott Coker supremacy.

Sorry for the music, the other version was age restricted {<huh}

I scuffed at first but even to this very day, Conor and Khabib are not cool. Dustin and Conor are having issues and their teams are involved. Due to so many fighters in the UFC, I think it is best to move in to team format.
The UFC is finally on the verge of mainstream acceptance and you want to add gang fighting? It's trashy as fuck, Sherbro, and the optics are terrible.

This is a very bad idea.

It's sort of interesting, but it's too much to take in at once. Can't really focus on everything,

Strikeforce used to do this. Scott Coker supremacy.

Edit: Jesus, the sissies on YouTube <{hughesimpress}>

Not showing up but too bad. Its good idea because there are so many goddamn UFC fighters and I don't know who to follow + so many other shit in life outside of MMA. You got to give us team vs team like NFL or what have you.

Tag team would be better

It can work. Like team 300 pounders. Two guys who put together weigh in 300 pounds. They can be two 150 pounders or one guy is 120 and other is 180. Your thinking, its good, I like it.

Here before the mods move this to the lightweights section

I should be a sherdog mod

Not showing up but too bad. Its good idea because there are so many goddamn UFC fighters and I don't know who to follow + so many other shit in life outside of MMA. You got to give us team vs team like NFL or what have you.

It can work. Like team 300 pounders. Two guys who put together weigh in 300 pounds. They can be two 150 pounders or one guy is 120 and other is 180. Your thinking, its good, I like it.
Wasteland this thread.

It's trash.

Looks dumb. As soon as someone wins the first 1 on 1 battle its over. Not fun watchin 5 guys pummel the last guy left either.

I was thinking 2 fighters of the same weight vs 2 opponents of the same weight.

But different weights with a max limit like you suggested makes it even more interesting.

<mma4>

180 pound guy is tired, you send the 120 pounder to finish him off lol.

I was thinking 2 fighters of the same weight vs 2 opponents of the same weight.

But different weights with a max limit like you suggested makes it even more interesting.

<mma4>

180 pound guy is tired, you send the 120 pounder to finish him off lol.

I felt that with people cutting weight or putting on size, this could provide a flexible approach and you see a more diverse scenario. Big guy is tired but now faces a guy who is fresh but 40 pounds lighter. Can he put him away despite lacking cardio? Does the small guy have enough grappling to get the big guy down or resort to leg kicks?

The scenarios create great moments.

Best way to do it would be to do team fights with stand up only. You can do take downs but no ground and pound and no grappling. This would be the best way to do it if it was in a cage. If it was full rules mma it always ends the same way, once one guy gets dropped or submitted they just gang up on someone that's stuck grappling and take them out, and just continue that until the opposing team is out. It's very easy because they are stuck on the ground grappling so it's easy to do in team fights. Fairest way to do it is just striking only, with clinch fighting and slams/takedowns. No ground and pound or grappling/submissions, and if guys get dropped they can get back up to fight. But if they're out the ref can take them out the fight. Multiple refs would be needed and a bigger cage with multiple exit doors to remove KO/TKO fighters.

Back