Do you want Melvin Manhoef in the UFC? Support & ask him a question & win Glory gear

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Rollermanskunk, May 17, 2014.

1. Rollermanskunk

Rollermanskunk Purple Belt

[​IMG]

Melvin Manhoef is without a doubt one of the most spectacular fighters on the planet. His furious 1st round ko's and attractive way of fighting really made him one of the most popular fighters in both mma and kickboxing of the last decade. UFC should really sign this guy despite his age. His last fight against Cyborg http://youtu.be/HWjqArbm28w showed he still got the skills and physics to compete at a top level.

So here is your chance to ask Melvin a question and support him to get him into the UFC. Melvin Manhoef will be involving in the GLORY Last Man Standing Middleweight Championship tournament on June 21st live from Los Angeles. LiverKick has teamed up with http://www.fightstadium.com to bring this interview to you with incentives.

Get your questions in for Melvin Manhoef by June 7th and be entered to win free GLORY merchandise, including hats and t-shirts. The best question will be chosen by Melvin Manhoef and the winner will walk away with free GLORY swag courtesy of GLORY Sports International, LiverKick.com and FightStadium.com. So feel free to leave your questions on Facebook, Twitter or in a comment on this article.

Video announcement Melvin Manhoef: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lY_YPHoMXnE

Source:
    http://liverkick.com
    Fightstadium: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=302658346559777

* ask your questions on the links above (like and share)

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  2. Edmond Rousey

Edmond Rousey Blue Belt

No.

(you asked)

3. Will Samuelson

Will Samuelson The Bear Banned

The UFC owe it to fight fans to sign a man who still has a lot to give and comes to fight FOR the fight, not for points or a belt buckle.
    If the UFC is about putting on exciting fights, MM needs to get a contract, of any sort.

I have no questions for Melvin, only support and a big shout out to all warriors that leave it all in the cage or ring.

4. MCS

MCS Gold Belt

yes, it's long overdue. he'd be an exciting adding to UFN's, which tend to have prospects & hometown guys. I'd always watch his fights.

5. Mga223

Mga223 Steel Belt

Don't care about his record... Would love to see him in the UFC due to his excitement!

6. frank_black2k9

frank_black2k9 Purple Belt

Would love to see him mix it up with guys like Anderson Silva, Cung Le, and Vitor Belfort.

7. Lyoto Jackson

Lyoto Jackson Purple Belt

8. Mad Villain

Mad Villain Brown Belt

One of my top 5 favs to watch so of course.

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias TURBO K⸸LLER Platinum Member

Sure. Manhoef has always been fun to watch. He's a go out on your shield type of guy. Don't see him making a run at the title but

Cung Le, Anderson, Vitor, Bisping, Diaz are all fun fights.

10. pointfighter

pointfighter Blue Belt

Of course.

I thought Manhoef retired and that's why he wasn't already signed. Bringing in a guy like this is a no brainer. Not everyone needs to be champ, I want exciting fights. Manhoef v. Cung Le would be outrageous.

My only question for him would be what level of Super Saiyan is required to knock out Mark Hunt with one punch?

11. Dirty Dik

Dirty Dik Green Belt

I would really like Melvin to be in the UFC. Long overdue.

1. My question would be...Melvin, you were systematically breaking down Robbie Lawler in the fight standing on the feet. Would you like a rematch? Assuming yes, How confident are you that you would win the rematch and what specifically would you do differently in the next fight?

2. Do you think you have the best standup in the 170/185lb division?

Also, I'm curious if his son is still training, hes got to be a teenager by now. That little kid was a monster in that video clip.

12. InvertedCross

InvertedCross Banned Double Yellow Card

Manhoef vs Lombard

13. Dirty Dik

Dirty Dik Green Belt

Matchup wise Manhoef vs Lombard is up there with Hunt vs Big Roy

14. eon001

eon001 Red Belt

If there bringing back Arlovski, I can't see why we shouldn't see Manoef in the UFC. Lets not forget he was dominating Lawler before he got caught, and he also ko'd Mark Hunt. Sign him up Zuffa.

15. hotcurlyweenie

hotcurlyweenie Black Belt

I dunno. Lost 2 of his last 3, one against Brock Larson. Not a title contender in the UFC, but fun to watch.

16. pointfighter

pointfighter Blue Belt

why does everyone need to be a contender

17. hotcurlyweenie

hotcurlyweenie Black Belt

Well, they don't. But when you have a fighter like MM who is beaten my mid tier talent like Brock Larson, but strong and explosive enough to take out Mark Hunt, it means you have a very inconsistent fighter who could knock off title challengers, but lose to guys in the middle. Not a great acquisition. Like I said though, he's fun to watch. He may get in.

18. Lemmy

Lemmy Armani Belt Double Yellow Card

This.

19. Hanri

Hanri Red Belt

Of course. Anyone who doesnt want to see Melvin fight isnt a real fight fan

20. Dirty Dik

Dirty Dik Green Belt

Solid post however, look at a guy like Robbie Lawler who was losing fights left and right to winning 3 fights in the UFC and instantly becoming the baddest fucker on the planet. I see your point but being this late in his career Joe Silva could just give him some interesting matchups for the fans and avoid pairing him against grapplers/wrestlers. For example rematches with Hunt and Lawler. Or how about MM vs Shogun, MM vs Anderson(a fight we have wanted to see for years). The possibilites are endless.