Do you use chopsticks when eating Asian food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@C-H-L
Wasn’t one of the most fun threads the chopsticks up your nose pic thread? You were like”she just has them laying around?”

I have a drawer full of them, they’re pretty.

Yes. It's not an immersion thing but a matter of convenience.
It does seem like a good way to not accidentally chomp down too hard on a metal utensil. That shit gives me the wigglies just thinking about it.

Spoon and fork. It scoops up the sauce and rice with full accuracy.

Yes because well I am Asian

I am actually eating now!

Its a must!
c8Uh70q.jpg

And if so is it just an immersion thing? Do you eat all small or chopped foods with chopsticks or only when eating Asian food?

Forks and spoons are obviously easier to use so why do people who don’t regularly use them feel like they need to use chopsticks because they’re eating Asian food?

I eat with a chopstick when eating asian food. I eat at lots of asian restaurants so anytime I get a chance to practice I do. I even eat rice with them. Now, I don't use them to eat asian snatch

Have you ever tried eating spaghetti with chopsticks?

Yeah thats how I practiced because our family are noy accustomed to Chinese,Japanese and Korean Traditions.

So back in my early 20s there is this cheap HongKong noodle Joint but they only use sticks.

So since pasta is one of favorite addopted food.

(Filipin Spaghetti)

I use chops so I get used to it. My mom thinks I am some weird asshole doing it.

She thinks I am turning Japanese.

It does seem like a good way to not accidentally chomp down too hard on a metal utensil. That shit gives me the wigglies just thinking about it.
In Korea they use metal chopsticks. Bit too slippery for my liking the short time I was there. With wood you have a bit more grip.

i only use chopsticks in restaurants. if i'm at home, a normal fork.

In Korea they use metal chopsticks. Bit too slippery for my liking the short time I was there. With wood you have a bit more grip.
It definitely just seems like a smarter idea to pinch food and let it go inside your mouth. Spoons are for soup and cereal, IMO.

LOL, at least I kept it on topic... And the user can't reply cos they Banned
200.gif

Did you report him?

Also, there have been spoons found from before Egyptian dynasties, for example out of mammoth ivory in Russia stemming from the paleolithic era. They could easily be much older than those that were found, because they could have been made of wood for example (or any other material that doesn't stand the test of time all too well), which makes archeological finds very unlikely, so claiming to know who invented them (first) is kinda silly. Same goes for forks.

Did you report him?

Also, there have been spoons found from before Egyptian dynasties, for example out of mammoth ivory in Russia stemming from the paleolithic era. They could easily be much older than those that were found, because they could have been made of wood for example (or any other material that doesn't stand the test of time all too well), which makes archeological finds very unlikely, so claiming to know who invented them (first) is kinda silly. Same goes for forks.
Nah I didn't

I'll take Wikipedia's answer thanks.

It definitely just seems like a smarter idea to pinch food and let it go inside your mouth. Spoons are for soup and cereal, IMO.
I make a lot of Asian noodle soups so a big spoon and chopsticks are essential. It's all part of the enjoyment to me.

Wise choice. Wikipedia is never wrong.
I mean either way we'll never really know, I guess they can't know for certain what a spoon looking device is used for from that far back, where as I'm pretty sure theres evidence of these Egyptian spoons being used for food specifically.. I could be wrong... Regardless saying I don't use Chopsticks because i'm white is more stupid than any of this.

i use them at places they give them to me and now im pretty good at it, pretty fucked up to give people a tool to use to consume food at a place then give them shit for using it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back