Do you use chopsticks when eating Asian food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do the people saying they use chopsticks to eat noodles eat Italian pastas like spaghetti with chopsticks too?
Even in Asian countries, people don’t usually eat spaghetti with chopsticks, but I’m guessing that has more to do with the Western-style restaurants providing patrons with forks rather than chopsticks. I usually use a fork but have used chopsticks before. I think chopsticks might be the better way to eat spaghetti, but I’m not entirely sure though. Spaghetti is a little tougher than a lot of Asian noodles. Sauce is different too. Might be slippery. I’m going to give it a try though.

Last edited:
I rarely use chopsticks. My use of chopsticks is up there with the average idiot's use of a calligraphy pen.

Good ole' mouth shovels are usually what I use.

Yes. It's not an immersion thing but a matter of convenience.

I avoid them at all costs. I'm not good at using them and I don't feel some sort of obligation to use them either.

Although I plan on going to Japan in a couple years so I may be forced to figure out how to use them before I go since restaurants there will probably only have chopsticks and they'll look at me like I'm some sort of cunt for asking for a fork or knife.

@John Mabrey how's your chop stick game? On point or you too far of an Americanized Asian man?

I use chopsticks for sushi. I don't generally use them for Chinese food though. I find a lot of Chinese food places have their rice too loose where it doesn't stick together well then you end up with all the rice constantly failing to reach your mouth. I like chopsticks for noodles though.

I avoid them at all costs. I'm not good at using them and I don't feel some sort of obligation to use them either.

Although I plan on going to Japan in a couple years so I may be forced to figure out how to use them before I go since restaurants there will probably only have chopsticks and they'll look at me like I'm some sort of cunt for asking for a fork or knife.
How do you eat sushi or pho bruh

How do you eat sushi or pho bruh
I don't eat either tbh with you. Pho is overrated and sushi does nothing for me... I've eaten whole rolls before and spent a lot of money and left feeling hungry still. Plus raw fish and seaweed suck.

The only Asian food I eat is Thai or Indian, all which are consumable with a fork or knife. I do go to Chinese places once in while but I usually try to avoid them because they usually put too much sugar and crap in their food.

I wouldn’t have worry about it if you’re in a touristy type place rather than out in the sticks.

I'll use chopsticks if it's present and provided with my meal

I don't eat either tbh with you. Pho is overrated and sushi does nothing for me... I've eaten whole rolls before and spent a lot of money and left feeling hungry still. Plus raw fish and seaweed suck.

The only Asian food I eat is Thai or Indian, all which are consumable with a fork or knife. I do go to Chinese places once in while but I usually try to avoid them because they usually put too much sugar and crap in their food.
pho #1

I honestly like not tasting a metallic fork when I eat Asian food. I can handle chopsticks well enough, but I'm definitely not what I'd call comfortable with them.

Even in Asian countries, people don’t usually eat spaghetti with chopsticks, but I’m guessing that has more to do with the Western-style restaurants providing patrons with forks rather than chopsticks. I usually use a fork but have used chopsticks before. I think chopsticks might be the better way to eat spaghetti, but I’m not entirely sure though. Spaghetti is a little tougher than a lot of Asian noodles. Sauce is different too. Might be slippery. I’m going to give it a try though.
Spaghetti is best eaten with both Spoon and Fork imo, like so
The+spoon+is+used+to+keep+the+noodles+from+falling+_6ab962ee4f57b9d7748b806dc4261029.jpg

Yes, feels weird not too. But I used to live in Asia and have also spent alottbofb time working there too

I even use them at my house when I cook Asian. Dishes

you use chopsticks to eat ramen

you don't call ramen soup

but also you pick up the bowl and drink the broth, you don't use chopsticks
No. That’s what the gigantic spoon is for. You slurp the broth from the spoon and when you pick up the noodles with the chopsticks you arrange them on the spoon, pick them up again with the chopsticks so you can put them in your mouth without making a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back