Do you use chopsticks when eating Asian food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really depends on the food. I'm asian and not all asian foods are preferred to be eaten with chopsticks. There have been many occasions going out with friends to an asian restaurant and all the asians are using forks while the white friends are trying to use chopsticks.

which foods are those

I like indian food but most of mine has meat in it. People are missing out with indian food., and arabic. Shit is tasty.
They have a big Vegetarian scene, saw that around 40% of India is Vegetarian, Pakistani food on the other hand which is easy to mix up with is generally more meat heavy and fairly similar in some ways.
Love it man, complexity of blended spices create some mad flavours.. Fenugreek and fresh Coriander blow my fuckin mind still and i've been eating that shit all my life.

I always eat with chopsticks. Some things are easier to eat with chopsticks. If you think otherwise, you need to up your chopstick game.

Bruh, I took my chopstick game to the next level!

tumblr_p3s6nsmvD91v6w3juo1_500.gifv

tumblr_p3s6nsmvD91v6w3juo2_500.gifv

Last edited:
Yes I do, it's kinda fun. No real reason and sometimes I'll also use the fork of the rice isn't very sticky or the salad has a lot of dressing.

Some food you really need chopsticks. Like picking up sushi with a fork. Or eating a noodle soup with a fork. Doesn't work.

It's easier to use chopsticks for noodles. I had to ask for them the other day at a restaurant.

Some food you really need chopsticks. Like picking up sushi with a fork. Or eating a noodle soup with a fork. Doesn't work.
Or xiaolomgbao. I saw some older white woman chopping one in half with her fork before eating it. It was so difficult to watch.

hey if they have chopsticks readily available, yes I will use them

I'm too basic to use chopsticks. I've tried but stick to knives and forks and get frowned upon but don't care.

Or xiaolomgbao. I saw some older white woman chopping one in half with her fork before eating it. It was so difficult to watch.
My very white English mate when we went out for lunch used a knife and fork. The wings were the size of my thumb.

It's just easier with chopsticks. The place I had ramen at the other day...Orchard City Kitchen in Campbell if you're back in the area again, really good gave you the normal knife, fork and a big spoon. Chopsticks are far less complicated than a fork for noodles. And I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to food etiquette anyway.

Not only do I use chopsticks but I also affect an Asian accent and insist the restaurant staff bow to me at the start of each course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back