Do you turn down sparring requests?

Never, and not to be "tuff guy" ! I feel you need to experiance all types , pro fighters or white belts! I'm all about the "what if this guy attacked me on the street" thing. I feel I need to be ready for anything . I was going to get in and box with James Toney , it was 10 years ago at least but still ! His handler John Mc Artuher I bevive told me "sun James can't controll his self" I'm like 155 he is 275 maybe ! So I turned that one down still regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!shit shit shit !! !!!! I think it would be good to experiance!!!

only with the douchiest guy in our gym. He hurts everybody, uses strength a lot and stinks like hell. He doesn't let go when you tap, wants to get even (pop your elbow) when you pass his guard or when he has a hard time with you, doesn't wash his gi, he's clearly confused with the concept of technique over strength because he obviously does not understand the philosophy of Jiu Jitsu. and he's afraid to compete at purple belt. he always says, "i want to be ready" or "i'll train more blah blah blah" the ironic part about that is that he trains everyday. sorry for venting out! i really hate that guy!

only with the douchiest guy in our gym. He hurts everybody, uses strength a lot and stinks like hell. He doesn't let go when you tap, wants to get even (pop your elbow) when you pass his guard or when he has a hard time with you, doesn't wash his gi, he's clearly confused with the concept of technique over strength because he obviously does not understand the philosophy of Jiu Jitsu. and he's afraid to compete at purple belt. he always says, "i want to be ready" or "i'll train more blah blah blah" the ironic part about that is that he trains everyday. sorry for venting out! i really hate that guy!

uhhh and how does your instructor let him continue on like that?

Never,and no one at my school does,Im 150lb and I roll with guys who are 260lbs,do I win? No..but shit atleast I tried.

I don't think I have ever turned down a roll unless I was already commited to rolling with someone that was getting water or something. I have rolled with people 45-330 lbs.

Who did you roll with that was 45 lbs?

I don't but I may have to now! After rolling with a 280 pound wrestler who passed my guard and it was 10 minutes of him grinding his forearms against my face and me fighting off collar chokes! I have the worst gi burn ever and this may take 2 weeks to go away. I am sick of explaining to people at my job about why my face has gi burn all over it.

Never have in my 3 years of training. I'm 136lbs but I'll train with whoever. Obviously my instructor won't let me roll with a roided out spaz (new person).

Back