Do you trust Pfizer?

?

• Total voters
Unless you’re a healthcare worker or in a nursing home you’re not getting the first or even 2nd batch. Military is probably getting the 3rd. Then us.
I'm just gonna distract the doctor and switch it with an empty syringe.

People have been taking vaccines from pfizer and other evil corporations for many many years. The incidence of serious side effects from any vaccine is substantially lower than the incidence of serious illness from Co vid-19. Of course, you will not believe any of this if you think the entire medical industry and FDA are one giant conspiracy that is using Covid-19 to steal your freedom. If you believe that, add a tinfoil hat to the ginger root.
You're ascribing an entire outlook towards me over a very general distrust of profit-based healthcare. Save your canned anti-vaxxer response for a time that's more appropriate.

Edit: We've also been taking drugs made by Pfizer for a very long time, so I'm sure there's no problem with that right. Not like we have an opiod epidemic on our hands, in large part due to drug companies being really happy with the idea of doctors prescribing us painkillers.

Last edited:
So far in history, vaccines have proven to be effective and overwhelmingly safe. I trust the scientific method, the company, and the regulatory process.

One thing I have observed: people who know the most about the process seem to trust it more than the average person.

Last edited:
So I’ve gone back and forth on the vaccination. On one hand, I’m not an anti-vaxxer and think vaccinations are important. On the other hand, literally everyone in the entire world has had an issue with big pharma and their putting profit before patient. Now we have a global pandemic and magically they roll out a vaccine with a 95% efficiency rate with no side effects besides fatigue. Shouldn’t we be at least a little cautious with this before we pump it in our entire population over the coming years?
Not to agree or disagree, put to put things into context... there was enough known about sars-cov-1 to jump on sars-cov-2, including a vaccine that was in the works but got abandoned due to the virus cycling out of general population. So the epitope needed for a vaccine and the molecular biology of the virus was already well studied. Although there are significant differences in sequence and structure that make cov-2 more pathogenic, it was quick and easy to identify those differences. In early spring there were already several publications that were overlaying the structures of the two viruses. I hope this puts things in perspective in terms of timeline. And don’t compare it to the timelines of other vaccines, viruses widely differ in things like mutation rates, mechanism of entry, immune surveillance, and glycosylation patterns ect.

Also, let’s not count out the antiviral possibility either. Although they will take longer to produce, there were already antibodies that were produced for sars-cov-1 that work with cov-2. Even though there are differences in the part of the protein on the virus (spike protein) that bind to our receptors (ace 2), some of the antibodies produced to fight cov-1 cause enough steric hindrance to prevent binding even if they don’t directly bind to the exact part of the spike protein (the receptor binding motif) that binds to our receptors.

I’ll take the vaccine. I think people conflate the risks of vaccines to that of other drugs. I’d be far less likely to take something like a small molecule inhibitor than a vaccine. But it’s bewildering to me that the general population is okay with taking most drugs their doctors prescribe without hesitation but freak out about vaccines. Should be the opposite.

I am in a low risk group who will be the last to receive it so hopefully any side effects will be out of the way after it has culled all the 'high risk' ie non productive people.

So after its killed of the old, fat, diabetic unhealthy etc sure they can inject me with water. Mind the shit they put in the water MIGHT BE WORSE.

I'm still not sure a vaccination for Covid will be effective. It's coronavirus, a strain of the common cold. Any vaccination will be a new flu jab.

I'm not scared of COVID and I'm certainly not scared of the damn vaccine. And if it means we can get back to normal shit then bring me Trump's medicine.

Even though there are differences in the part of the protein on the virus (spike protein) that bind to our receptors (ace 2), some of the antibodies produced to fight cov-1 cause enough steric hindrance to prevent binding even if they don’t directly bind to the exact part of the spike protein (the receptor binding motif) that binds to our receptors.

Do you have a link to read further on this bit?

I'm pretty sure I had the rona this spring, I like natural immunity. I don't feel the need to get injected with chemicals. But I believe everyone should have the right to take or not take the vaccine.

Do you have a link to read further on this bit?
https://science.sciencemag.org/content/369/6510/1505

There are probably others too but this is the one I’m most familiar with. Again, using as an example, not saying this particular H014 is going to be the best. It binds right next to the binding motif/ridge and causes enough steric hindrance (gets in the way) to be effective. And a decent Kd. There are many other antibodies that were produced for cov-1 that are being studied. If anyone has any questions about molecular biology or biochemistry of this virus or any publications I am happy to clarify. I cannot speak to immunology or pathology.

Unfortunately, I work in Healthcare. Not with direct patient care but being in a healthcare setting means we are required by our employers to take yearly flu shots, TB testing, etc and I am sure they will make the Covid vaccine mandatory as a condition of the job. I know my company is already part of an early testing phase. Its voluntary at this time if you want to participate in the testing but I foresee it being mandatory once its officially released.

I trust them on this but I've never gotten a flu shot.
I guess they'll continue chasing new strains every year as well.

From WebMD:
A vaccine to prevent the common cold has been difficult to make, primarily because there are more than 200 different varieties of viruses that can cause colds.

To be honest, I've never even asked myself that question before, but after Googling 'Pfizer scandal' and having a quick look at the things they've been found criminally guilty of, I have to say that my answer is a cautious "no".

Amazing
Trump made the left antivax while they say listen to the science

Any stories of them rubber stamping questionable drugs?

"The full research, development and approval process can last from 12 to 15 years." - Drugs.com

I worked in pharma at one point. Not in anything remotely scientific but I did have to understand the R&D and drug patent lifecycle. It takes FOREVER to get an approval from the FDA, and even after approval patient safety information is updated regularly through the drug's life cycle because there is information that doesn't come up in a 15 year R&D process.

I'm not advocating people don't take the Vaccine when it's available, but anyone with aprehensions could very well just be aware of the science which says this was absolutely rushed to market and rubber stamped. Now there was still rigorous testing, and the approval is based on the best available information, but to pretend like this recieved the same review process as your typical foot fungus cream would be absurd. We have absolutely no long term data on either the vaccine or the virus.

We are being asked to take a mostly calculated risk based on general experience with vaccines, and the best available data on these specific vaccines.

Back