Do you trust Pfizer?

?

• Total voters
People don't seem to remember some of the diseases our parents and grand parents had to contend with, and so they don't really understand the level of impact of vaccines have had on society. That's because they haven't experienced it first hand. We haven't had to deal with widespread pandemics or diseases that were at one point visible like polio, the measles, mumps and rubella... Most of us here were vaccinated for these at a young age and many of them have been nearly eradicated. Now that we are faced with Covid, we think we understand the implications of taking vs. not taking a vaccine, and we believe our individual action bears little to not effect on society. The problem is the cumulation of non-takers will allow for the virus to survive and continue to spread. Thank goodness the vaccines have a 95% efficacy rate! But we still can't sure for how long the vaccine works for, so it's imperative that a large portion of the population gets vaccinated to suffocate it.

Last edited:
In the grand scheme of things? No. They have been fined billions in the past for fraudulent claims they have made. However it’s my understanding this vaccine isn’t made by them, just being funded by them (and sold).

I will end up taking one of the vaccines 100%. Having said that I think it’s good and healthy to have a reasonable amount of distrust for all for-profit companies (and a lot of the so-called non profit companies for that matter)

People don't seem to remember some of the diseases our parents and grand parents had to contend with, and so they don't really understand the level of impact of vaccines have had on society. That's because they haven't experienced it first hand. We haven't had to deal with widespread pandemics or diseases that were at one point visible like polio, the measles, mumps and rubella... Most of us here were vaccinated for these at a young age and many of them have been nearly eradicated. Now that we are faced with Covid, we think we understand the implications of taking vs. not taking a vaccine, and we believe our individual action bears little to not effect on society. The problem is the cumulation of non-takers will allow for the virus to survive and continue to spread. Thank goodness the vaccines have a 95% efficacy rate! But we still can't sure for how long the vaccine works for, so it's imperative that a large portion of the population gets vaccinated to suffocate it.
On the reverse side of things, most significant vaccines were created by scientists to help humanity. They didn’t have giant, insidious corporations when they created the polio vaccine.

I trust the FDA

You're ignorant then. This is same group that refuses to regulate deadly supplements. Same group that let Oxy and fentanyl kill millions and pushers walk away scot free. Same group that runs a revolving door between big phama and it's offices. Same group that rushed this vaccine before clinicals when every virologist says huge mistake. But they are bowing to karens and profit.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/health/eua-coronavirus-vaccine-history/index.html

They are as corrupt as most US institutions.
https://www.madinamerica.com/2020/08/fda-whistleblowers-documents-commerce-corruption-death/

Last edited:
I don't know, are we able to sue the companies providing the rushed vaccine if we are injured? Because I think there are laws preventing that, which prevent me from trusting pharma corps aren't rushing to get the first vaccine and all the trillions that will go with it.

Basically I have a trillion reasons not to trust them..

My family has a 99% chance of survival if (we might have already had it) we are infected with corona.

That’s why we aren’t getting the vaccine.

I don't see how anyone in the US could trust big pharma. One of the only things voters agree on is that we need to bring down medical costs, and drug companies are obviously a huge part of the issue.

i always trust major for profit healthcare companies. the industrial healthcare complex only cares about providing me the best vaccine possible.

I don't see how anyone in the US could trust big pharma. One of the only things voters agree on is that we need to bring down medical costs, and drug companies are obviously a huge part of the issue.
so you have a problem with cost and this translates to medicinal safety? And how does the logic work with this?

so you have a problem with cost and this translates to medicinal safety? And how does the logic work with this?
Corporations often forgoe safety in pursuit of profits.

The Moderna vaccine showing similar results gives me a lot more faith in the Pfizer vaccine. I still think the numbers used for interim analysis are small enough that the 95% effective numbers will shift during the duration of vaccine testing, but it’s still a very high number of patients on trial, so the consistency is promising.

I trust the FDA to do a proper review of the data, and there’s not a ton of room to fudge outcomes here anyway. If it gets approval I’ll likely take the shot before the end of the year.

You don't have to trust them. Companies will publish their full data in a medical journal once the entire phase 3 trials are over and scientists from the field will be looking them over. There will be a peer-review process. If something is iffy, it will be picked up on. The only way companies could get away with a dangerous product is straight up lying on the data. I don't expect they're doing that because the world's eyeballs are on them; they'd be in the deepest dodo possible and lawmakers would be launching investigations and going after them.

Any stories of them rubber stamping questionable drugs?
I’m not a big fan of the FDA, but the traditional argument from conservatives against them is that they’re...too conservative and routinely hold back drugs due to side effects when people should be making that decision.

Every case needs to be examined on their own merit, but in general I’d say that the FDA is a trustworthy, albeit slow, institution.

My wife is a COVID nazi, meaning that she fears it like she would fear a serial killer. She's overprotective of the kids and cancelling everything to keep the kids from getting COVID, so yeah, if the first round of vaccines work, she'll be getting them and most likely force me to get it.
How old are the kids? Transmission from children and mortality rate for them is hilariously low. I don’t know about babies, though.

I know that’s not going to convince your wife, and if I had kids I’d probably be the same way, but I’m just saying.

I'm not an anti-vaccer but I don't trust pharma, rightfully so imo. I'm passing the first batch, sorry everyone.

Unless you’re a healthcare worker or in a nursing home you’re not getting the first or even 2nd batch. Military is probably getting the 3rd. Then us.

Corporations often forgoe safety in pursuit of profits.
People have been taking vaccines from pfizer and other evil corporations for many many years. The incidence of serious side effects from any vaccine is substantially lower than the incidence of serious illness from Co vid-19. Of course, you will not believe any of this if you think the entire medical industry and FDA are one giant conspiracy that is using Covid-19 to steal your freedom. If you believe that, add a tinfoil hat to the ginger root.

Reactions: lsa
Back