Do you trust Bill Gates? (covid-19 related)

Are you one of those "earth is flat" morons that keeps gobbling up all of the facebook conspiracy theories?

Dude has given 50billion to charity so far:

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...over-50-billion-charitable-causes/3169864001/

and is actively encouraging other billionaires to donate their wealth to charity:

what have you given to society other than spreading bullshit online?
Such binary thinking. You dont have to think the earth is flat to not trust Bill Gates who was known for being a notoriously cutthroat businessman in the 80s and 90s. All Billionaires donate, its PR

It was pathetic how jubilant and self-satisfied he was during media appearances, as people were discussing sombre topics, after receiving exposure for being "right" by predicting a pandemic would happen someday. I think it's an indictment on our species that we give air time and exposure to power-hungry people just because they're wealthy and have some status. It's a "Wealth makes right," mindset.

well Sony made a BLM theme so i'm going Xbox to help fund god emperor gates' ambitious endeavours

I don't think there is anything nefarious with him. Once you are as rich as he is, I think he feels obligated to do good and try to change the world.

I do think we are rushing the COVID vaccine. That said, we also rushed the Moon landing. There's a lot of money at stake with the vaccine but also, a lot of bragging rights. If you mess up and get people sick or killed with your vaccine, it could kill your company.

I can't say I'll be the first in line to take the vaccine but I'm ultimately not worried about it and don't think there's a conspiracy.

Such binary thinking. You dont have to think the earth is flat to not trust Bill Gates who was known for being a notoriously cutthroat businessman in the 80s and 90s.

How else do you think you get to the status of worlds most valuable company? By being a nice businessmen? Besides, whats his business acumen got to do with his current charitable work?

Also Bill admitted to being an arsehole back then, hence him moving from Microsoft and focusing all of his effort into his foundation.

All Billionaires donate, its PR

Cool, show me who donated more to charity than Bill and Buffet - he is literally the second biggest donor to charity in the world (right behind buffet).
And no, it's not a PR move considering its his only occupation for over a decade now.

Also, since you keep mentioning Microsoft employees, I doubt Microsoft employees have same shitty work conditions and work for minimum wage like Amazon employees under, richest man on the planet, Bezos (who donated a paltry sum to charity so far).

Speaking from his home in Los Angeles, he accused Facebook and Instagram of censoring him. He attacked the fact-checking platforms that have found many of his posts to be untrue, claiming that they act to protect the interests of Big Pharma. He was resolute in his position that he was protecting public health.

“Does it trouble me that people are angry at me? No, it does not. That’s what I signed on for,” he said.

I'm not an expert on this topic. How do you know which side tells the truth?

Soros is aging and so certain groups of people need a new demon. Too bad Bill isn’t Jewish.

No way. I think having massive amounts of money changes a person's brain and makes them narcissistic psychopaths.

Someone in this thread said becoming a billionaire makes you compassionate lol
Lol. No I genuinely believe it causes changes to a person's brain and makes them less empathetic. Would love to see some scientific research on it.

Trust him with what? I'd trust him to make virus-probe computer software, but obviously no reason to trust a computer programmer who wears a costume and has $120 billion with public health.

On Vaccines? nope.

That’s not what you were saying about Gates in your quote unless I misinterpreted it. You seemed to be implying Gates is evil because of his well known cutthroat approach to business much like the current POTUS.

Any thread in this forum will have two approaches to the subject discussed:

1) measured, nuanced, sometimes wrong, sometimes right, generally from people who trust institutions and the systems of oversight.

2) extreme statements supported by unfounded claims from dubious sources from people with a high level of social mistrust.

this thread is another example of this

Back