Do you treat your pet like an animal, child, or friend?

I treed my dogs as animal hunting buddies.

My animal buddies help me catch delicious animal food.

I have a pet dog who is a pack/family member and I taught my kids to be dominant over him since he was a puppy. So he obeys the humans closest to him. The caveat to this is he loves his pack dearly and will defend them.

Idk. I guess neither one, but all three at the same time? I definitely treat them as well as I can.

I love my pets. I was reading this thread while one of my cats was curled up against in bed. I also have possibly the oldest rabbit alive today that I’ve moved to 4 different stars with

I had two Boston Terriers and I treat them like my kids. They sleep with me. I buy them Christmas presents, give them doggie ice cream. For 12 years, these dogs have played a huge part in my life. Three months ago, one of them was put down for health reasons and it was devastating. It was like losing a close family member which to me, my boy was family.

A little bit of each. They are animals and have to be treated as such but mine are still kittens so they get treated like children as well, but in the end aren't they our furry friends?

I love my pets. I was reading this thread while one of my cats was curled up against in bed. I also have possibly the oldest rabbit alive today that I’ve moved to 4 different stars with

4 different stars you say

Like family is probably the best answer i can give..

I know people who treat them like each of the three. Some act casual, like they are "only animals", others are the polar opposite and act like they are their children. I fall in the middle and treat my dog, as if I am hanging out with my buddies. What say you Sherbros?
Family. Two of my dogs we've had for 12+ years and third I got from a rescue. She is a 15 year old yorkie.

tenor.gif

Back