Do you think Zuffa heard people complaining about Lawler vs Hendricks?

theBLADE1

The sharpest poster on the Sher
@Black
Reaction score
or was there just an injury that forced them to do things differently? either way I couldn't be more happy! I'm a Robbie Lawler super fan and just was not excited about the notion of him fighting Johny for the third time. I know I personally tweeted Dana White a few weeks ago with a link to the poll on sherdog about people heavily voting against a rubber match. Not saying that's what caused all this but maybe Dana and Joe Silva heard the public outcry.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I like the term "personally tweeted".

Probably not. But, it`s an interesting theory: after all, pretty much nobody wanted to see that fight and a lot of people were outspoken about it.

Jarl

I'm sure the fan disappointment was a part of it.

Expect more news in the next few days/week about Rory/Lombard/Lawler. I imagine they have something in the works.

I suppose it's possible, just maybe. I mean Idk anyone who wanted to see the trilogy

They probably have few guys doing some research of the market. Part of that, probably small, is visiting big MMA forums just to see what people think. They are probably not spending hours here but lurk here and there.

Show yourselves shills :p

I suppose it's possible, just maybe. I mean Idk anyone who wanted to see the trilogy

that's what I'm saying. For the life of me I can't remember which fight it was but a few years back they had made a fight that people just didn't want to see and they ended up hearing about it and changed the match up. I mean you would think they have to have somebody on the Internet looking at public opinion about certain fights.

It still doesnt make sense that Rory is fighting hector next for the shot

I can tell you that several highly debated subjects topics have leaned Sherdogs/MMA forums way in the last 12 months.

There are alot of examples of this and its one of the reasons i love the sport tbh.

Probably played a small part in it. Bigger part might be Lawler is probably apart of an all hands on deck policy for July in case Jones has some issue with licensing and Hendricks didn't want to wait that long.

I'm glad that someone over in matchmaking had a burst of sense.

Its because Nick Diaz is fighting Lawler after he tools Anderson in 2 weeks. They will fight week of July 4th

if you think dana did anything other than read your tweet, laugh, and then ante up... you're delusional.

Back