Do you think you'd defend this?

The ratio of Rondas upper body strength to the upper body strength of the girls she fights is really high.

Well yeah. But that guy said that wmma has more armbars because men have more upper body strength. That doesn't make sense.

Well yeah. But that guy said that wmma has more armbars because men have more upper body strength. That doesn't make sense.

Well just clinging on to defend the armbar requires strength in your forearms and biceps so since other girls don't have that upper body strength, they can't hold on as long as guys in the men's divison

Well just clinging on to defend the armbar requires strength in your forearms and biceps so since other girls don't have that upper body strength, they can't hold on as long as guys in the men's divison

Yeah dude, I'm sure THAT'S why these girls are getting armbarred.

Yeah dude, I'm sure THAT'S why these girls are getting armbarred.

I didn't say that, I'm just trying to make an argument for both sides, but to be honest I don't see a whole lot of technical armbar escapes in WMMA and women biologically have less upper body strength than men, so in that case it would make sense.

Yeah my guess is that A) men don't for for as many armbars because it's risky and B) the defense is better because the skill level is higher. Considering that the armbar works because you put large muscle groups to work against small muscle groups, and there are weight classes in MMA, I really doubt that upper body strength is the issue.

Back