Opinion Do you think women will ever lose right to vote ? Or are Interracial marriage bans are possible?

Snowblindlove

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In light of moving backwards on abortion and rumors of overturning same sex marriage.

Couls you see any countries in the world removing womens right to vote which all countries have except now it seems Taliban run Afghanistan.

What about interracial marriage bans which only Arab countries seem to have ? Could you see nations anywhere else doing this.

Do you think in the US or anywhere else in the world they will move backwards? Only countries I read dont allow this stuff are middle eastern ones.

Crazy times we in

Last edited:
We’ve come to far to go back to that.

No.

it will be a states rights issue that will likely fail due to the massive amounts of money these states will lose from those of us that are down with the swirl, leaving.

interracial marriage is wayyy too deep in our country’s DNA to fuck with it now.

It's a possibility, but it probably wouldn't come about as reduction of rights directed at women, instead it would likely be a part of a broader rollback on the right to vote, which would itself be the result of some or the other emergency powers being adopted and used (intentionally or not) to degrade the perceived value of the vote anyway (think about 2020, and the US-wide changing of voting procedures, which had the blindingly predictable effect of undermining faith in the vote, something from which the country still has not, and may never recover).

I wouldn't necessarily bet on it happening, but there are a lot of very feasible routes toward that destination.

These things deal on different levels. The right for women to vote is protected by the 19th Amendment to the US Constitution. It would require not only 2/3 of both chambers of Congress to approve, but ratification from 3/4 of the state legislatures to actually change and strip that right. It's as likely as Slavery (Abolished via 13th Amendment) being brought back.

OTOH interracial marriage could be swiftly overturned by the Supreme Court just like abortion was, and gay marriage + consensual gay sex will be in the next term or two. They all were granted and operate on the same fundamental legal logic and principle in regards to unenumerated Constitutional rights. They can all be swept away, though I doubt that fate awaits the 1967 Loving vs. Virginia decision that legalized IRM.

It's a possibility, but it probably wouldn't come about as reduction of rights directed at women, instead it would likely be a part of a broader rollback on the right to vote, which would itself be the result of some or the other emergency powers being adopted and used (intentionally or not) to degrade the perceived value of the vote anyway (think about 2020, and the US-wide changing of voting procedures, which had the blindingly predictable effect of undermining faith in the vote, something from which the country still has not, and may never recover).

I wouldn't necessarily bet on it happening, but there are a lot of very feasible routes toward that destination.

The only ones who continue to fight to undermine the faith in the vote are the trumpublicans. No amount of lying is going to change that

These things deal on different levels. The right for women to vote is protected by the 19th Amendment to the US Constitution. It would require not only 2/3 of both chambers of Congress to approve, but ratification from 3/4 of the state legislatures to actually change and strip that right. It's as likely as Slavery (Abolished via 13th Amendment) being brought back.

OTOH interracial marriage could be swiftly overturned by the Supreme Court just like abortion was, and gay marriage + consensual gay sex will be in the next term or two. They all were granted and operate on the same fundamental legal logic and principle in regards to unenumerated Constitutional rights. They can all be swept away, though I doubt that fate awaits the 1967 Loving vs. Virginia decision that legalized IRM.

How do you end up on dubs my dude? I never see you getting aggro or generally vulgar (unlike some people I know :p)

Stay safe our there!

Women's right to vote would be almost impossible to take away. Interracial marriage can be done much like what they did with Roe and will do to same sex marriage.

it may be over turned but no state will disallow women's voting rights or gay marriage for that matter

I am also talking worldwide not just the US. People didnt seem to get that so I will edit the question

Seems like the next logical step for the Supreme Court.

But it's fine. Everything is going to be ok.

I am also talking worldwide not just the US. People didnt seem to get that so I will edit the question

I actually caught that just as I was hitting reply but unfortunately can't edit posts on dubs. It's a lot more difficult to answer with so many countries and variables. I think the US would do a lot of shit that other countries wouldn't, there is a very sizeable part of the population that consists of Christian Nationalists (whether they identify as such or not) -- mostly deep south but also scattered across the heartland and they are brutally socially conservative, it's straight up vitriol on the topic of women's and gay rights especially. It's like reading the opinions of caricatures of human beings on some of the gun forums I browse. It wasn't that long ago those aforementioned things didn't exist, they simply lost their grip on legislative power.

Back