Do you think USADA would give GSP (for UFC @ NY) an exemption like they did Brock?

lmao I said it before but I have to give Brock his props for not giving a single solitary fuck about drug tests. And why would he? Sign up, stick needles up his ass (@Limbo Pete), receive money, leave.

It will be interesting to see - it might go bad for him if both the UFC and NSAC decide they want some of that purse. Both are entitled to a substantial amount of money if it goes that route.

Im sure GSP could care less if he is exempt and would readily accept any USADA testing of him
If he isn't granted an exemption he can't fight at the card in New York. That is the point. Brock wasn't exempt from testing going forward but they waved the four month period that is required prior.

There would be significantly more time to test GSP since that fight is a few months away.

It would look fishy if they waited until three weeks out to sign it doe
But it is less than four months away which is the window for USADA for returning fighters. He would need to have this waved in the same way Brock did.

But it is less than four months away which is the window for USADA for returning fighters. He would need to have this waved in the same way Brock did.
I know. There is a larger testing period for GSP though if this fight gets signed soon. That's my only point.

He def qualifies for exemption.

Mr Clean asking for a USADA exemption would be hilarious.

Chael told me it's just the rules and Brock got no special treatment.

Well there's already language in there for it to be waived even if the "retired fighter" language does apply to him, which it might not. But given how badly the Brock and Jones tests have blown up in their faces, I doubt the UFC (and it's their call, not USADA's, AFAIK) would be eager to do it again in a high-profile case. They tried to do it with BJ too, and he didn't make his fight either. I honestly think BJ was just dumb about that though, I don't think he was trying to cheat.

After what just happened with Brock, the UFC should not be pursuing anymore "exemptions".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back