Do you think Tony would have been fearless against Khabib?

Tony is never afraid. And that is his problem.

Justin never said that he was unafraid of the take down. Before the fights, Justin was fearing the takedown and saying how he has to stay away from the cage at all costs.

If you compare that with what Tony has said about the fight--that he's a ninja turtle--I dont think Tony is afraid of the take down, and probably wouldn't avoid it either.

After watching even Justin terrified of the takedown, do you think Tony would have been too?
I think so. If not at first but after the first takedown, he would definitely be wary because khabib is just something else with his pressure on the ground.
Has Tony ever been hesitant in any of his lights? I think a little in the fight where he broke his arm but the same was said was justin and I legit thought he would not be wary like all the others.

Tony was very hesitant against Justin, but Khabib showed heavy calculated pressure is the way to beat Gaethje .

Yes. When you fight Khabib you will be taken down 100%. You just can’t prevent that. Therefore, the only person that could beat him is someone who embraces getting taken down and that is...

TONY ARMAND FERGUSON PADILLA!!

<{JustBleed}>

{<Mcgoat}

<{natewhut}>

Tony by d'arce choke. They would absolutely end up in a position where Tony can attack with his d'arce multiple times.

Tony is the only guy who has prepared over a long time to Khabib's style and to especially beat Khabib. And Tony has been training the BJJ style that was made to deal especially with wrestlers:

Too bad we never got to see Khabib and Tony fight.

The thing with Tony is. . . He's a "jack of all trades, master of none" kind of guy. He's really not a high level striker (Gaethje) and he's really not a high level grappler either (Lee). His style points have done something completely unwarranted for his reputation. Khabib beats him quite easily in my opinion.

Having said that, the threat of the clinch/takedown is so colossal that you'd be an idiot to not be apprehensive of it. You're ultimately asking whether Tony is an idiot.

You think Gaethje is a high level striker? He's got good pop on his punches and super heavy leg kicks but he's a much less technical striker than Poirier or McGregor.

the reason why it won t happen

Attachments

• 123027830_831767134225474_2411802897948105220_n.jpg
    123027830_831767134225474_2411802897948105220_n.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 6
photo

This is one of the most frustrating aspects of watching a khabib fight, his opponents are scared to death. I get it, the guy is a force to be reckoned with but sitting there blowing your load in the first round and throwing all the fundamentals out the window is definitely not going to help. To answer your question no I don’t think Tony would be very scared of khabib or his take downs. Him and his camp have said from the beginning that they plan to let khabib do his thing and try and work from the bottom. Even when Tony was getting annihilated by Justin I’d say he seemed a lot more confused than scared.

This is one of the most frustrating aspects of watching a khabib fight, his opponents are scared to death. I get it, the guy is a force to be reckoned with but sitting there blowing your load in the first round and throwing all the fundamentals out the window is definitely not going to help. To answer your question no I don’t think Tony would be very scared of khabib or his take downs. Him and his camp have said from the beginning that they plan to let khabib do his thing and try and work from the bottom. Even when Tony was getting annihilated by Justin I’d say he seemed a lot more confused than scared.

That's not what Bravo said. He said that he wanted a stand up fight and try to prevent the takedown.
But if it goes to the ground he trained him for that.
Even according to Bravo the BJJ guy his best shot is on the feet.

Tony is not on the level of Khabib when it comes to grappling.

tony would not have given him any respect.

khabib still takes him down, passes his guard and smashes him to shit. tony got repeatedly taken down and even mounted by kevin lee. i think a lot of fans would've been shocked at how easily khabib would've gone through tony had they fought.

After watching even Justin terrified of the takedown, do you think Tony would have been too?
I think so. If not at first but after the first takedown, he would definitely be wary because khabib is just something else with his pressure on the ground.
Has Tony ever been hesitant in any of his lights? I think a little in the fight where he broke his arm but the same was said was justin and I legit thought he would not be wary like all the others.
Tony believes he would be fine on bottom with his JJ. He would be wrong, but that's Tony.

Tony would be fearless no matter what, even when getting tooled up on the feet by justin or pulverized by kabib on the ground.

Tony is scared of no man but that wouldn't have helped him against Khabib tbh. He is just to easy to hit and take down.

fear was a big problem in these past fights
tony is the one that doesn't have that problem

Back