Do you think Tony would have been fearless against Khabib?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
After watching even Justin terrified of the takedown, do you think Tony would have been too?
I think so. If not at first but after the first takedown, he would definitely be wary because khabib is just something else with his pressure on the ground.
Has Tony ever been hesitant in any of his lights? I think a little in the fight where he broke his arm but the same was said was justin and I legit thought he would not be wary like all the others.

The way Kevin Lee was able to take Tony down and give him trouble on the mat, I feel like respect or no respect Khabibs bringing his lunch pale, grabbing Tony and beating him up from top position. Tony will tire on bottom carrying Khabibs weight and getting pummeled much faster than Khabib would.

Tony has a better bottom game so he might not have that much of a problem with getting taken down.
I still think he would have lost but it would have been a better fight.

The thing with Tony is. . . He's a "jack of all trades, master of none" kind of guy. He's really not a high level striker (Gaethje) and he's really not a high level grappler either (Lee). His style points have done something completely unwarranted for his reputation. Khabib beats him quite easily in my opinion.

Having said that, the threat of the clinch/takedown is so colossal that you'd be an idiot to not be apprehensive of it. You're ultimately asking whether Tony is an idiot.

He wouldn't get choked out like justin did.

Yes, I do
Also, Tony has an amazing bottom game
I would credit Khabib with the first chance, but I think Tony would do better against him than any other LW.

The way Kevin Lee was able to take Tony down and give him trouble on the mat, I feel like respect or no respect Khabibs bringing his lunch pale, grabbing Tony and beating him up from top position. Tony will tire on bottom carrying Khabibs weight and getting pummeled much faster than Khabib would.

Also Lee escaped a triangle and got full mount

After watching even Justin terrified of the takedown, do you think Tony would have been too?
I think so. If not at first but after the first takedown, he would definitely be wary because khabib is just something else with his pressure on the ground.
Has Tony ever been hesitant in any of his lights? I think a little in the fight where he broke his arm but the same was said was justin and I legit thought he would not be wary like all the others.
Yes, it would have been fearless, but it wouldn't have mattered.

Yes, I do
Also, Tony has an amazing bottom game
I would credit Khabib with the first chance, but I think Tony would do better against him than any other LW.
where was his bottom game against castillo ? where ?

He’d get destroyed. Tony’s grappling is overrated

Back