Do you think they would sell more PPV if...

KeepItRealist

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The main event started at around say 9-10 pm EST or maybe if they didn't always hold them on Saturday's when a lot of people are going out?

I understand the arguments for Saturday night, but I'm not sure that it's ever been the best idea.

I would be curious what number of buys a major card with the main event at like 9-10 EST on a weekday other than Friday would do.

Last edited:
Yes, that would be excellent for us all in Europe

Yes, that would be excellent for us all in Europe

I'm talking about for the North American PPV audience where they get most of the revenue. In the old days when major boxing matches were on prime time network television and the whole country watched, it was always on a weekday. And certainly never after midnight when the main event started. You look at Muhammad Ali bouts and the biggest were on like Monday or Wednesday. I don't know why they feel they need to be so late on Saturday nights.

they already did this a few years ago. they went back after one or two.

they already did this a few years ago. they went back after one or two.

yeah i remember that

iirc jds/cain 1 was on early, and i think a rampage or some lhw fight too

How bout if they dropped the fucking price back down to $45.

That would definitely help. But the Dana White philosophy on that is: What you can do is get a dozen of your friends together and it will only be $5 each.

HD PPV price is at 59.99 right now, I feel like a drop to 44.99 or even 49.99 would increase buys a lot. The increase in buys would probably more than make up for the 10-15 dollar price drop.

HD PPV price is at 59.99 right now, I feel like a drop to 44.99 or even 49.99 would increase buys a lot. The increase in buys would probably more than make up for the 10-15 dollar price drop.

SD is cheaper.

And you can get the HD price down if you buy a 6 or 12 month package.

Also, if the main event started at 10, it would be 7pm in vegas....and the main card would start at 5pm. They tried before and the numbers dropped. I would assume that means more ppv buys come from the west coast.

That would definitely help. But the Dana White philosophy on that is: What you can do is get a dozen of your friends together and it will only be $5 each.

45 was great. I'd buy this one tonight if it was 45. Just saying. I'm poor. And my friends don't give a fuck about MMA. And I got no bars around here showing it. Suuuuucks.

Or if they weren't up against playoff football?

Yes. I mean I don't like to watch the main events at 1 or 2 AM on the East cost. It's 11:42 and the co-main hasn't even begun. If Jones-Comier goes the distance it'll probably be 1 or possibly 2AM before the fight is over.

Yes. I mean I don't like to watch the main events at 1 or 2 AM on the East cost. It's 11:42 and the co-main hasn't even begun. If Jones-Comier goes the distance it'll probably be 1 or possibly 2AM before the fight is over.

This is a huge top tier UFC fight. Can you imagine them putting the Super Bowl or Finals for any other sport after midnight?

I don't get why they do it.

Last edited:
Back