Do you think they will have a "full camp" backup FW?

kurtwpg

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Now, it seems quite obvious if McGregor or Aldo drop out, Frankie is intended to step in. Which leaves the Mendes fight dead. Now if either Frankie or Mendes get injured, once again, that fight is dead.

Do you think they will actually show some foresight and get a legit top 10 guy to train like he's facing Mendes? If so, who?

Maybe they will have someone like Anthony Pettis or another big name similar to come down and fight? Most likely, they will scratch the fight and hold it at a later event. I remember UFC 108 looking like it was going to be one of the best cards ever and it fell apart badly.

Bring in Nate Diaz, then we'll see who's the real lanky shit-talking boxer.

Edgar is set to fight Mendes the day before UFC 194. There's your replacement if either drop out.

Edgar is set to fight Mendes the day before UFC 194. There's your replacement if either drop out.

OK, literally no one is following this. If you read the entire OP (not that long) it's pretty clear. I'm asking who should be the 5th guy to fight Frankie if Mendes gets hurt, or to fight Mendes if Frankie, Aldo, or McGregor gets hurt.

OK, literally no one is following this. If you read the entire OP (not that long) it's pretty clear. I'm asking who should be the 5th guy to fight Frankie if Mendes gets hurt, or to fight Mendes if Frankie, Aldo, or McGregor gets hurt.

Then yeah put Holloway in as the 5th

Conor vs Faber, Edgar vs Mendes if Aldo pulls out. If Faber gets injured, then it is going to be Conor vs Edgar.

Initially i thought Frankie was the backup, but with all of Faber's talking lately, and him and Conor coaching TUF, it wouldn't totally surprise me if the UFC kept Edgar/Mendes and gave Faber yet another shot at a belt, their reasoning being that they needed a replacement and Conor and Faber are both popular. Not to mention they already have a built up 'story' of how the two fighters don't get along and allegedly almost squared off in the men's room, of all places, a couple of times.

Don't get me wrong, i in no way want to see Faber anywhere near that fight and would want Edgar to step in if Aldo gets hurt, but the UFC seems to love putting Faber into title fights.

Now, it seems quite obvious if McGregor or Aldo drop out, Frankie is intended to step in. Which leaves the Mendes fight dead. Now if either Frankie or Mendes get injured, once again, that fight is dead.

Do you think they will actually show some foresight and get a legit top 10 guy to train like he's facing Mendes? If so, who?

depends on who backs out. if it's Aldo again, they won't want a full camp opponent for Conor. :) (just playin)

Bring in Nate Diaz, then we'll see who's the real lanky shit-talking boxer.

Nate ain't got nothin on Connor in the shit-talk department. I'm not even a fan and I know this.

Then yeah put Holloway in as the 5th

thank Oliveira while you're at it for that whackadoo finish in Max's last outing. The stars are aligning...

what if the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the guy get ninjured?

if he gets "ninjured"? brah...there'd be no hope for him. Ninjas don't fuck around.

Ninja by ninjuring, round 1...regardless of opponent.

Initially i thought Frankie was the backup, but with all of Faber's talking lately, and him and Conor coaching TUF, it wouldn't totally surprise me if the UFC kept Edgar/Mendes and gave Faber yet another shot at a belt, their reasoning being that they needed a replacement and Conor and Faber are both popular. Not to mention they already have a built up 'story' of how the two fighters don't get along and allegedly almost squared off in the men's room, of all places, a couple of times.

Don't get me wrong, i in no way want to see Faber anywhere near that fight and would want Edgar to step in if Aldo gets hurt, but the UFC seems to love putting Faber into title fights.

I wouldn't complain. Faber is a legend and a game opponent. I'd watch and pay for it too.

Edgar and Mendes are the full camp replacements for Aldo or Conor. Plan b doesn't need a plan b. At least not for a tv fight.

If either drops out they take Frankie.
If somebody drops out in the Edgar vs Mendes fight, they probably take Holloway.

Back