Do you think the UFC could go and try to push the Conor/Nate trilogy next ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 512089

We know when it comes to $$ the UFC doesn't stop at anything. They probably could book this rematch out of the blue. Do you think it's possible ? And what would your reaction be ? Mine would be "meh. Can't do anything about it.".

They'll always have that fight in their back pocket. Now is definitely not the time but I'm sure it'll happen at some point. Maybe next year.

Conor is escalating in difficulty.

Next fight will be Masvidal. He will duck or delay Usman as much as possible because hes a wrestler, Conor knows wrestlers are trouble thats why he keeps saying like a mad little boy "thats not fightingggg". He would gas out on half of the first round at 170 trying to survive against one.

They'll always have that fight in their back pocket. Now is definitely not the time but I'm sure it'll happen at some point. Maybe next year.

This. It would be foolish to book the Diaz trilogy now. Conor is on the up. The smart fights are Khabib or Masvidal. If he loses then the Diaz fight can happen. No point fighting Diaz off a win
Very little gain. A lot to lose.

Nate fight is a retirement fight.

Nah fam, only two names I want Conor to be associated with for now are Gaethje or Masvidal, actually maybe 3 if Tony gets by Khabib that guy's earned a massive payday. Nate McGregor 3 will make money regardless so hold off on it for now.

Conor vs Dustin is the fight to make. Another very winnable fight for Conor, but will be interesting to see how much better Poirier is now, or is he regressing after being mauled?

In terms of money making potential, it's Khabib, Masvidal, then Nate. Now that Conor's stock has risen again, it would be the best time for UFC to push for the Khabib rematch before Conor loses again or gets arrested for rape.

Even if Conor loses to Khabib, the Masvidal fight will still sell like hot cakes because both fighters can trash talk and sell the fight. Personally, I would like to see this one as well because they never fought each other before.

Nate trilogy isn't as hot now because he just got whipped by Masvidal. And we have already seen this fight twice.

Another route could be Masvidal and if he wins then Khabib

If he loses to Masvidal he rematches Nate

I think his team thinks Gaethje is a better match up and offers a clear spot to title contender. Who knows what Conor wants, but I think that may be next, right around the time of Khabib Tony, so in the event of a pull out, Conor steps in. Ali is GAethje's client tho, and that could be the biggest road block, as Ali was definitely the person that was sending all those Usman tweets and crossed a major line with this new happy vibe Conor. I wouldn't want to have him get another big pay check off my mine either.

If Conor wants a quick turnaround I could see them doing it, I don't think it should be on their list of priorities, though.

I dont think the UFC would risk him fighting in a 50/50 fight with Nate. A loss would slow a lot of the momentum down. McGregor vs Diaz 3 is something they can do if McGregor is coming off a loss again.

Would be the smartest thing he could do, actually has more than just a punchers chance of winning unlike most of his other potential opponents now.

Nate trilogy is fuckin boring. Maybe if it makes sense rankings-wise but both need fresh opponents

NO. It would be the dumbest fight to make. Nate’s stock pummeled badly because he took an assbeating in his last fight and was inactive for too long prior to that( Pettis fight aside). Conor’s got a LOT of momentum going. Call it smoke, pr machine or whatever the hell you want... but he’s got it....
He can get a shot at ANY fucking belt he wants right now. LW, WW, BMF... you name it... he can get a shot at any of those, no questions asked.

A trilogy against Nate would have made sense had Conor lost to Donald. It ain’t the case, though.

Conor is a double weight UFC champion, why put him in with Nate Diaz?
Nate went 9-8 in the last decade.
If Conor wants to fight at 170 then match him up with a legit WW fighter and not another LW fighting at 170 just for the Conor money.

Back