Do you think the Celebrity Boxing Worries WME at all?

Not one bit. They are more worried about the daily UFC events with crap fights on them.

I don't think there is anybody who would've bought a future UFC PPV, but won't because of the ben askren vs jake paul fight

THIS ^^^^^^

The only people who de-rate MMA skills based off of these fights are people who are completely lacking in IQ or they were already biased for boxing and needed an excuse to make their fake statements.

Fact is that boxing is declining in fans even though it has a superior system that pays fighters better.

THIS ^^^^^^

The only people who de-rate MMA skills based off of these fights are people who are completely lacking in IQ or they were already biased for boxing and needed an excuse to make their fake statements.

Fact is that boxing is declining in fans even though it has a superior system that pays fighters better.
There are the Boxing guys that want to hate on MMA, then there are the MMA fans who thought everyone in the UFC was a superhero and were legitimately disappointed Woodley, and Askren lost, so now they go the total opposite way and shit on MMA striking in general. Pretty disrespectful to all the insanely good strikers who have competed in MMA.

Celebrity boxing has been a side show for years; as soon as the Paul Brothers step in with legit boxers and get there brains scrambled, it'll fade back into pure novelty status. Can't happen soon enough.

Celebrity boxing has been a side show for years; as soon as the Paul Brothers step in with legit boxers and get there brains scrambled, it'll fade back into pure novelty status. Can't happen soon enough.
I think they're too self aware for that, they know they aren't legitimately good Boxers

It definitely takes away money that could be spent on watered down UFC PPV's. It also will pull UFC fighters towards chasing the youtube celeb paydays. For sure it's a threat to UFC's business.

If anything, Uncle Dana is trying to figure out a way to get into that action

No, if anything they should open up their own celebrity boxing event to compete against Jake Paul. It's a separate market that is ripe to be exploited.

Damn straight, make the fuckin fight Dana:

Yes because you're in the small group of hardcores who think MMA was exposed because you were actually surprised Askren, and Woodley lost

What? Not sure how you've reached that deduction my strange little friend.

Unfollowed.

What? Not sure how you've reached that deduction my strange little friend.

Unfollowed.
Sorry I confused you with the other guy lol, reading your posts back that was an unfair assumption by me

Anyway, the general consensus I see amongst casuals is Jake's fights are rigged, and Jake hasn't fought an actual Boxer. I think people understand MMA fighters are not automatically good boxers, I don't think it's hurt the UFC or MMA's credibility

Sure it worries Uncle Fester and company. They are control freaks. They want to squeeze every drop of blood they can from everything they consider their turf. It looks bad for their product to have Youtubers beating their guys, even in boxing, as the casual fan doesn't understand differences between rule sets, etc. Remember that Dana was trying to get Zuffa boxing going years ago. That went nowhere.

Back