Do you think that Lyoto ''The Dragon'' Machida will rise again?

mikezismike

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Definitely yes!

also hoping his new S&C coach will make The Dragon breathe new life on his comeback!

To the top level? no. It saddens me to say it.

believe m8 :)

if werdum and robbie can so as the dragon

Machida's style isnt conducive with age. His speed and reflexes are down,he gets hit more,and he doesnt take the hits well.

japanese22.jpg

Hope so

Machida's style isnt conducive with age. His speed and reflexes are down,he gets hit more,and he doesnt take the hits well.
Everything he said. It saddens me, as a big Machida fan, but it's true.

I would never be gladder to be more wrong. Unfortunatley,him beating henderson,doesnt really prove anything. But id like to see him do his thing.

No. Too little too late. Even if he wins his next 3 fights, I don't think he'll ever be champ again. He's a legend in the sport though.

Unfortunately, no. But, I would love to be wrong.

I would never be gladder to be more wrong. Unfortunatley,him beating henderson,doesnt really prove anything. But id like to see him do his thing.

I echo this sentiment. I really would love it if he made this his final match win lose or draw. Hes got nothing left to prove in this sport.

He's still a top 5 level fighter. He lost to the 3 best MW's there currently are. I think he still beats the vast majority of the division. I'm not sure if he'll make it to another title shot, but he can still rack up some good wins.

I have a hard time seeing it.

He hasn't looked good physically the last few fights, and his age is becoming hard to ignore.

I think he fucked up when he fought Romero very quickly after getting beat up by rockhold. That was a bad loss. I don't think he is a real contender, but he still beats good # of guys in top 10 (i.e Bisping, Kennedy).

It really wasn't that long ago that he fought Mousassi and looked faster than he's ever been.

Also in his fight with Weidman he had Chris in the ropes in the 5th. I think- at that point in time at least- he could have won that fight if he hadn't been so hesitant to pull the trigger in the early rounds. Not saying for sure he would have, but it was possible.

I also agree with Blond that he took the Romero fight too soon after the Rockhold fight.

I'm kind of on the fence about his chances of returning to his early form, somewhat from age but more from damage sustained.

I want to see how fast and strong he looks in the Hendo fight.

Back