Do you think Sonnen deserves a title shot if he beats Belfort?

No. That would mean he would get 4 title shots in his last 9 fights.

That stat alone is enough to make me say no

Seriously. Not a Sonnen hater, but If he beat Vitor and got a shot, many would be crying favoritism, and I'd be with them.

Why are people still using the word deserve and UFC title shot in the same sentence or posing a question with those words in the same sentence?

Ok, he doesn't deserve it, everyone is right, but he's getting older and he's extremely marketable and entertaining while being a very VERY good fighter, so yeah, I agree with UFC's decision.

Let's do it, it'll sell and he'll be competitive.

Absolutely

Vitor might as well be the interim champion at this point, I don't think there has ever been anyone in UFC history more deserving of a title shot than he is right now and if Sonnen beats him, that says a lot.

Whether or not Sonnen deserves to fight Vitor is a different matter, but that issue is pretty moot considering that both of these guys are about to save a card.

Not a sonnen fan at all but yea if he beats vitor he should get it. This will be his most legit shot since the first andy fight

Would be the fourth undeserved title shot he has received.

if someone from lw jumped to featherweight and beat mendes i would say they deserved the ttitle shot, so yes

Vitor destroyed 3 huge fighter by head kicks in a row, if Chael manage to beat him of course he deserves a shot. If you put anyone in front of Vitor(who was the legit contender) right now and beat him, he deserves a title shot. If not.. Who else? Jacare, Tim and Luke need a top 5 win before

No, I'd like to see him fight Jacare.

NOT AT ALL.

1-3 in his last four with all 3 losses via brutal stoppage TKOs.

AND

Jacare is more deserving at MW... if anything he should get the shot at #1 contender vs Vitor

AND

he was just gifted a title shot at 205.

Look, I know Chael is popular, a big draw, etc... and he is an excellent TV show host... but giving him another title shot at this point is ridiculous.

AND

if he wins he only beat non TRT Vitor.... not TRT Vitor, and yes there is a huge difference.

He was undeserving of his title shots against Anderson?

That might be the dumbest notion ever conceived on sherdog.

People have short memories here.

He beat Marquardt by controlling him and doing no damage while gassing hard in the third. No one commended his performance in that fight. Was a matter of if Nate had more time he would of easily put away Chael.

Only reason he got the title shot against Anderson was because he talked a ton of shit to get the fight.

chael sonnen does not deserve a title shot. title shots deserve chael sonnen.

People have short memories here.

He beat Marquardt by controlling him and doing no damage while gassing hard in the third. No one commended his performance in that fight. Was a matter of if Nate had more time he would of easily put away Chael.

Only reason he got the title shot against Anderson was because he talked a ton of shit to get the fight.

He did beat Okami quite soundly before that and Dan Miller before that (not sure if Dan was ranked in the bottom of the top ten or not, but top 15 I'd think)

So just to play devil's advocate, 2-3 top ten wins including a #1 contender's fight with former title challenger Nate the great...

Talking a ton of shit definitely sealed the deal, but he had some decent wins (and 1 humiliating loss to Maia).

Also had a win over Paulo Filho in his last WEC fight which should have made him a WEC MW champ (not his fault Paulo didn't make weight or come to fight).

He would've beaten two people in one night.

Yes.

I know that Vitor is next in line, but MW is finally kinda deep. Please no shot if he wins.

Absolutely not, but what he deserves won't have anything to do with it. Its all about that Monet. Weidman vs Chael does interest me stylistically though.

Back