Do you think Shields or Maia would be able to outgrapple Luke Rockhold?

Colby

MAGA
Banned
Reaction score
Discuss...

Imo Rockhold utterly destroys both guys on the ground and certainly on the feet.

He's the superior wrestler so he would dictate where the fight would take place and he is too athletic for them to control.

Prime vs Prime is a different story, today? Probably not

I don't know if Luke would outgrapple them in a grappling match, but in MMA, yeah probably. Luke's like a full weight class above Maia and Shields too.

Luke isn't destroying Maia on the ground but I don't think Demian would have any success at all imposing his grappling on him in a MMA context.

he wouldnt "utterly destroy" them on the ground. it wouldnt even touch the ground, because they would be absolutely helpless at dragging him there

he is clearly the better fighter than both ever were

but I don't see him pulling guard and throwing up triangles against Maia lmfao well not without getting fucked up

You should try and ask Frank Mir what he has to say about rolling with Maia.
He also has wins over Gabriel Gonzaga.. You know 2 big HW...

in a grappling match or MMA?
This is what I thought too.

In a pure grappling match, I think shields gives Luke problems, and I think Maia beats him.
In MMA, he obviously destroys either of them.

Discuss...

Imo Rockhold utterly destroys both guys on the ground and certainly on the feet.

He's the superior wrestler so he would dictate where the fight would take place and he is too athletic for them to control.
In pure grappling they both sub him

With his size / strength advantage, and Ground and Pound being allowed, Luke easily

Maia if it was just BJJ. If it was MMA, Luke wrecks him

And Luke wrecks Shields too

Shields can grapple and scramble. I don't think wrestling matters as much in pure grappling. Maia's grappling should be better in a straight match since scoring isn't like MMA.

Skill wise, Maia and Shields are superior grapplers but Luke in a fight would outgrapple them. His grappling strength is matched by few.

Back