Do you think reaping the leg should be legal?

MMA_GURU

White Belt
Reaction score
In my opinion, reaping the leg should be totally legal in BJJ. I understand it is dangerous but all you are doing is locking the hold. If someone gets you in a leg lock it is common sense to tap immediately because when you attack the legs you do not feel the pain until something breaks or tears.

Damnit, I'm so happy someone finally stood up and voiced their opinion about this on the internet.

I vote yes, but if you want to post a poll, get a platinum account

Dead horse topic, but yes, it should be legal. Silly rule.

This is nonsense.

Not necessarily; in sambo class last year I sprained my right MCL because I was put into a combo submission that I had never seen before and thought was going to attack my lower back. I was about to tap from my back when all of a sudden my knee went "crack!" I didn't feel a thing until it went.

Not necessarily; in sambo class last year I sprained my right MCL because I was put into a combo submission that I had never seen before and thought was going to attack my lower back. I was about to tap from my back when all of a sudden my knee went "crack!" I didn't feel a thing until it went.

This was due to inexperience with the submission which should've been drilled previously.

Nope, pretty accurate description
If that was true then every other leg/foot attack would end up with the victim needing surgery.

That's not to say that the margin for error in lower body submissions isn't narrower than locks applied to the arms.

I thought I was the only one with this viewpoint! I'm both relieved and astonished to find someone with a like point of view.

I still don't understand what that is or why its illegal?

I still don't understand what that is or why its illegal?

Same reason kani-basami is illegal in Judo. Knee-jerk (no pun intended) reaction to someone getting their knee hurt.

Yes, but only at purple belt and higher. Should be no DQs for reaping though, at any level. Just a warning/make them move the foot.

Back