Do you think Pettis will ever be champ again?

giphy.gif

Doubt it. One reason he gave for the loss against Alvarez is because 'someone' told him to focus on wrestling all camp and no strength and conditioning.

For someone as experienced as Pettis to roll out that line of reasoning and not have a good idea of what he needs to do himself without being under instructions from someone else is pretty ridiculoous, imo.

Would like to see him drop to 145, his size is below average at 155.

Make him fight Barboza to give us all something fun to watch.

If Conor can get past RDA, then Pettis will be champ again

Pettis will most definitely be champ one day without a doubt...for Bellator, Rizen or Invicta FC.

Nah, it's a wrap for the kid. I like him, but his style ain't got shit on King Kong!

If he does like Wonderboy and develops the footwork to get out of tight places, maybe. I was shocked how easy it was for Alvarez and RDA to corner him, he needs to learn to side step and avoid being in the clinch more than getting out of the clinch.

Ha! I just saw the thread as well!

Awesome... When did they book that? I must have been sleeping!
Yeah it's a great fight. I think maybe a couple weeks ago. I missed the announcement too then I was looking at the 197 card and I was like damnnn.

Probably not. Creative striking and fairly accurate, but too many holes in his game. As soon as he gets pressured up against the cage he doesn't know how to fight his way out.

Petis said on MMA hour yesterday something to the effect of (not a direct quote) "im focusing on what i do best, and im not gonna be able to develop the kinda high level wrestling that these guys who've been doing it for 20 years have".

Not sure how long he's felt that way, or if its a good thing or a bad thing

Back